One for Val A ?

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Can you suggest a route ?

I am travelling from Calais to Domaine de la yole in the south of france with an overnight stop at Camping Leychoisier.

We normally use Autoroutes but in any attempt to reduce costs would prefer alternative route where possible ( like to avoid paris ring road as well )

Any recommendations ?

Cheers

Andy

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I haven't got my map book here at the moment but normally we go Calais, Abbeville (about 11 euros if you use the toll but via Hesdin costs nothing), Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartres, cross country to junction 12 above Orleans, toll down to just north of Orlean (3 euros), across country to Gien, and down via Cosne sur Loire, Nevers, Moulins, Gannat, (toll road 3 euros) to Clermont Ferrand, Millau, Beziers.

From memory Camping Leychoisier is off the A20 in the Limousin area, so that's not a route we'd normally use to get down to the south (although we have done it when we were heading for the Dordogne), but you can stay at Leychoisier and then cross country from just south of Cahors, through Limogne, towards Rodez, then head for Millau and down the free autoroute, avoiding the toll road from Montauban (I think - or where the A20 'comes out') to La Yole!

If none of that makes sense, ask the moderator to pass on my email address and I can give you more details when I get home!

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I haven't got my map book here at the moment but normally we go Calais, Abbeville (about 11 euros if you use the toll but via Hesdin costs nothing), Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartres, cross country to junction 12 above Orleans, toll down to just north of Orlean (3 euros), across country to Gien, and down via Cosne sur Loire, Nevers, Moulins, Gannat, (toll road 3 euros) to Clermont Ferrand, Millau, Beziers.

From memory Camping Leychoisier is off the A20 in the Limousin area, so that's not a route we'd normally use to get down to the south (although we have done it when we were heading for the Dordogne), but you can stay at Leychoisier and then cross country from just south of Cahors, through Limogne, towards Rodez, then head for Millau and down the free autoroute, avoiding the toll road from Montauban (I think - or where the A20 'comes out') to La Yole!

If none of that makes sense, ask the moderator to pass on my email address and I can give you more details when I get home!
Thanks Val,

I am getting a 2.20am ferry to calais and so even allowing for the time difference should be ample time to make the first stop.

Need to get there before 8 pm apparently !!

Regards

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy I'm sure the details given by Val will - as ever - be spot on. Another useful source is www.viamichelin.com on which you can alter your routes, pick non-toll routes and see any big roadworks. you can choose 'towing a caravan' and vairous other options.

The route will be listed and will show the actual roadsigns you will encounter, so you can print it off if you wish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts