One hour from Birmingham

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Can anybody recommend a site within a hour of Birmingham which is open all year round and has good indoor facilites for two young children, ie indoor play area / indoor swimming pool.

A Bar / Restaurant would be a bonus.

We are looking for something similar to Sandy Balls in Hampshire which we have visited before but it is too far from home for a weekend in the Winter

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Regards

Richard

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Hi Richard,

If its not too far, Lincoln Farm near Witney by Oxford,its had

good reports on this Forum.Tel01865 300239. info@lincolnfarmpark.co.uk

best of british park.

Regards,

FrankE.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Not sure if this is an option but , Cirencester Park in....Cirencester!.

Its open till 4th Jan , on site there are no indoor facilities (has an ok playground and huge playing field) it is just on the edge of the town itself.

In the town there is an indoor pool which is a short walk (probably 10 minutes max) but this may be longer with small kids so probably better to drive (literally 2 minutes away).

Added to that theres a ball pit on the other side of town as well.

For me it took about 1 3/4hrs from Wolverhampton and thats taking into account I'm about 30 minutes drive from the m-way in the first place.

Further afield from the site there a loads of kids friendly places like farms and wildlife parks etc to go but not sure if some close for the winter?

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Richard

I've been to Oxon Park - as recommended by the Moderator. It's immaculately clean, very well run and very well positioned. It's right next to a huge Co-op, take away and pub and has a very well stocked shop (for caravan bits) on site.

My other half loves it there - which is saying something.

Next to the Co-op (just outside the main gates) is a Park 'n Ride scheme which takes you into nearby Shrewsbury. What a lovely city.

I would recommend this site wholeheartedly. The same company have a sister site at Bridgnorth - not been there, but if Oxon Park is anything to go by, it'll be superb.

No clubhouse I'm afraid. Or bar. But the pub is just over the road, which serves food and handles kids very well.

Enjoy.

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts