One way flow valve.

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Hi. When i turn my water pump on to fill the tank its starts to fill up but then i noticed (as the tank wasnt staying full) i turned the tap on ran outside to to pump and the water is jus coming back out draining through the pump. Is the valve that needs changing? Because when i disconnect the pump it just comes spilling out the water inlet. Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most water inlet systems incorporate a non return valve (NRV)or have one installed just after the inple facility to prevent exactly what yours is doing. Without knowing the make and model of the water system we cannot be specific about what has happened, but in general it would seem your NRV has failed. The question is why? The most likely cause (at this time of year) is debris preventing the valve from closing, Perhaps you may have a water filter that you've forgotten to change, as its old it may now be spilling its content (usually black carbon granules)?

The other common failure is after winter if the water system hasn't been properly completely drained, the remaining water can freeze and damage the NRV.

In either case if you can open the NRV without damaging it you may be able to either clean it or reset the 'O' ring, but ultimately you may need to replace the NRV.

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Most water inlet systems incorporate a non return valve (NRV)or have one installed just after the inple facility to prevent exactly what yours is doing. Without knowing the make and model of the water system we cannot be specific about what has happened, but in general it would seem your NRV has failed. The question is why? The most likely cause (at this time of year) is debris preventing the valve from closing, Perhaps you may have a water filter that you've forgotten to change, as its old it may now be spilling its content (usually black carbon granules)?

The other common failure is after winter if the water system hasn't been properly completely drained, the remaining water can freeze and damage the NRV.

In either case if you can open the NRV without damaging it you may be able to either clean it or reset the 'O' ring, but ultimately you may need to replace the NRV.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. It is a truma water system. It is old. Maybe 20 years. Lunar zenith six. Is the nrv the valve immediately after the water inlet?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts