One Year On!

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Well, I've been living in my caravan for a year now - so how's it been?

Pretty good, to be honest, with no major disasters.

I've had to replace the shower tray, due to a couple of splits, and fitted a remanufactured item in GRP. This is sturdier than the original but needed trimming to fit. Also it isn't as flat as the original so I need to mop out pooled water after use.

I've also had to change the submersible pump. I just changed the pump and grafted it onto the original gubbins (much cheaper).

The awning will need replacing. It is a cheap and cheerful awning that has provided good service over the last 8 years or so but, frankly, it leaks! And the webbing peg-down straps are all rotten and breaking. For the meantime, I've been replacing the webbing and not storing things under the poles (it's the poles that drip).

My Leisurewize twin-tub washing machine has performed brilliantly, churning over load after load two or three times a week without complaining. Equally, my JML Dri Buddi has dried each load at the cost of around 42p - 56p per load (when metered).

The blown air heating has done a pretty good job over the winter months, though is better at keeping the 'van warm than getting it warm (all those floor level vents letting the cold air in).

The cooker has proved itself perfectly capable of turning out a roast dinner and, during the summer months, scoffing lots of salad, the gas seems to last forever! (about 8 weeks during the winter)

All-in-all it's performed very well. If I had to change it I might go for one with the following:

Fixed bed - to give the sofa cushions a break and provide under-bed storage for "big things"!
Separate shower - a bath would be nicer!
Alde heating - programmable, even heat.

I don't think there's anything else I'd change and, frankly, I'm happy with what I've got! A fixed bed and separate shower would take up room at the expense of something else - something I'd probably miss!

But I still enjoy looking for the "perfect" 'van.

Here's to my second year :cheer:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear that the caravan nas stood up well to the use. I am afraid pumps seem to be a continuing problem. One dealer told me they were his best selling part.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Glad to here you have had a good year, , as far as the heating, we have Trumas Combi heating, totally programable, but we tour, but as your gathering Funds , too costly maybe, hope your next year is as happy as your fisrts, keep posting,
Hutch.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our Avondale had three pumps, this Lunar is on its second, cannot remember if Coachman had three or four although we did have it ten years and Eldiss one but that was down to someone stealing it. We do seem to get through a fairly steady stream of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts