OOps.........

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Niall_McIntosh said:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7326533/Caravan-detached-car-towing-ploughs-M6-motorway-crashing.html

Well at least it was going in the correct direction :). And could lay claim to being the first autonomous caravan in the world. Amazing what a couple of electrical motors can do.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I could not see the tow bar when the video reached the tow car so it looks like that came off as it says in the text Very lucky no one injuried except the caravan owners pride.
A good reminder to check the fixings or double check on detachables.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I think this video was shared on another forum - People seemed to think that the Discovery detachable towbar had a habit of detaching whilst in use due to poor design, which was later revised. JLR recommended not using detachable towbars for heavy duty use - despite being rated for 3500KG on a Disco.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
camel said:
It's time of year , A1 shut both ways south of Grantham, caravan and car overturned,

Silly Season?

I know I've gone about an apparent lack of 'due diligence' when observing other caravans on the road where skylights and battery doors have been left open, but we don't know the circumstances of these crashes - On the M1 on Monday the wake from a speeding Range Rover shoved my car so hard I was glad I wasn't towing!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I offer my sympathies to any one who has suffered an injury or loss through a road incident. It's never a desirable thing to happen, and we should all be doing more to prevent such incidents.

I am always anoyed when we see the media interest in road incidents when a caravan is involved, it blows the number of caravan related incidents out of all proportion, especially when the number of incidents involving caravans is a fraction of a percent of all road incidents. It gives the perception that caravanner's are a major problem.

In 99.9% of all road incidents speed is the biggest factor. All drivers should drive in accordance with the prevailing conditions and not exceed the speed limits for the road, but so many drivers habitually speed, and some take such false pride in choosing to break the limits at almost every opportunity.

I frequently use a stretch of the A5 where in a two mile stretch of dual carriage way there are 5 speed cameras set to 40, and 6 sets of traffic lights. It amazes me the number of drivers who hammer on at 50 or more, and then have to brake hard when they approach a camera, or a red light then accelerate hard until next feature. The brake dust and fuel usage must be costing them so much more, not to mention the emisions affecting the air quality.

Plan your journeys properly and allow time to keep your speed in check.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Guzzilazz said:
The worst part is the comments in response to the article...

The comments section on the Daily Fail is best avoided.

camel said:
It's time of year , A1 shut both ways south of Grantham, caravan and car overturned,

Is this what you are referencing?:
https://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/news/lane-reopens-on-a1-following-accident-at-grantham-9078771/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts