ouch

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Good morning all

I slipped on our stairs on Tuesday morning, falling heavily on my coxix, I now can't sit down or get up without being in pain, has anyone else done this? If so how long did it take to get better?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denis

Four days on. Still in pain? See your doc. I expect you'll be the butt of all the jokes. LOL.

Hope things improve soon.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I did this falling off a steam loco as an apprentice. 35 years later I still suffered the effects.

Now 50 years later it's all gone, great.

Do'nt worry Dennis it will get better :)

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Dennis

sorry to hear of your mishap, either go to see the doctor or take a trip to the A&E for a X-ray ASAP I fell on some ice 10 years ago and broke the base of my spine but did not know untill the pain got so bad I was forced to go to hospital and ended up with morphine injections. it did get better after 3weeks in a hospital bed and 13weeks off work the brusing was still there after 2months, so be very careful. I hope your fall is not too serious but I would get it checked out anyway.

colin.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I did this falling off a steam loco as an apprentice. 35 years later I still suffered the effects.

Now 50 years later it's all gone, great.

Do'nt worry Dennis it will get better :)
I bruised my coccyx many moons ago, when I was at school. From what I remember, it took about a month to fully recover.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denis

Sorry to hear of what has happened.

When I was 23 I fell down the stairs too. I was in a tremendous amount of pain. That was on the Friday. On the Saturday, I rode out 5 miles on my horse, dismounted and led it back 5 miles. I was crippled. LOL!

On the Monday morning, I went to the doctors, he sent me for an x-ray. I had fractured my coccyx. I've never known pain like it.

I was off work for about four months.

If I were you, I'd go to a&e and they should give you an x-ray.

Good luck.

Lisa

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all

Think I'll take your advice and get it checked out, feeling really miserable now, it hurts to sit, stand, lay, sneeze, cough and laugh. off to Whitby May BH so hoping to be ok for then.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

One of my staff, a Clerical Officer in Civil Service, hurt her cocyx, was off work for a few weeks. She was reported to Personnel Branch ..... for sunbathing on a beach in Yugoslavia.

PM Branch said that was OK, as she had a doctor's certificate.

Hint, hint!

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Denis.

Feeling a bit of a dinasor Iguess (megasorass), sorry for the pun.

I injured mine about 30 years ago, although I didn't break bones, I did displace cartlidge which presses on a nerve and even now when it flare's up, I have to resort to a stick for support.

You should see your doc and get a Xray to see if there is any longterm damage.

Hope you feel better soon.

Atb Steve

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I slipped on the stairs and hit the edges of the last three at the bottom (no pun intended!) As you can't bandage a cocyx, my doc said use pain killers. Was better after about 8 weeks :eek:(

MM

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts