Our next outing

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We book up for most months except August around December .April we went May wife went down with a virus so up comes June. Last Thursday she fell about 3m and has two fractures in spine one in neck plus broken nose and bleed on the brain, plus severe bruising on face arms. very frightening with three medics working on her . It seems unbelievable that today she is sitting up in bed although with a collor on. Just been told she has now got a virus again. When will it end.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Wow. poor woman. you both have my sympathy. Hope she makes a recovery soon.

Did you cancel your bookings? ;)

John

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We book up for most months except August around December .April we went May wife went down with a virus so up comes June. Last Thursday she fell about 3m and has two fractures in spine one in neck plus broken nose and bleed on the brain, plus severe bruising on face arms. very frightening with three medics working on her . It seems unbelievable that today she is sitting up in bed although with a collor on. Just been told she has now got a virus again. When will it end.
Although OH never had a fall, she spent a lot of time in and out of hospital since April, but is now recuperating slowly.
Wish your wife all the best from both of us.

Reactions: Robert_374373903
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I hope your wife makes a full recovery soon

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Thank you all for replies.Yesterday they removed the restraint bands and got her sitting up with neck brace but the virus is causing more problems with toilet etc

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Fingers crossed that your wife will recover, a neigbours wife taken into hospital 4 weeks ago with a "dead"leg, could not walk, scans etc, no reason found, after 3 weeks of physio and treatment she is home and walking without help.
So keep looking forward for a good result.
Hutch and Elaine.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sadly we have also had to cancel our holiday plans due to OH's illness so joining the club! Luckily we have only paid deposits and both sites have agreed to carry over to later in the year and one site is happy to carry it over to next year.
Sticking our necks out we have made a provisional booking on a CAMC site as no deposit required and we will know by Wed next week if we can use it.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Spending 6/8 hours a day visiting, got home and at 10pm got call from hospital get back things not going well ,stayed until next morning.It seems a cording to doctors the infection she has caught is causing the problems and they have to grow cultures to identify .The primal injuries are not being top of the list at moment but today she spoke my name which made me think there is a light at the end of the tunnel and will have to cancel another holday which I had even that will be to soon.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I hope it goes well for you both, We had just about got everything sorted out Hospital wise, appointments done, dental hygenists done. Then On Monday, wifes last Auntie passed away, to it is up to Newcastle on the 4th July. I dont want to take the van up there as we are hoping to go south from Milton Keynes.
Brought the van home today, all washed , now got to replace the battery tomorrow.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Spending 6/8 hours a day visiting, got home and at 10pm got call from hospital get back things not going well ,stayed until next morning.It seems a cording to doctors the infection she has caught is causing the problems and they have to grow cultures to identify .The primal injuries are not being top of the list at moment but today she spoke my name which made me think there is a light at the end of the tunnel and will have to cancel another holday which I had even that will be to soon.
Very sad to read about your hassles. My wife also has some sort of unidentifiable virus where for no reason her legs go all wobbly and she cannot stand and has to sit down quickly. She also gets random lumps appearing of her face and head and sometimes either eye is so swollen that she cannot see out of it.
Doctors cannot identify the issue and are assuming it could be stress related with issues with our daughter emigrating to UK, adopted daughter losing her husband and a host of other issues.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Very sad to read about your hassles. My wife also has some sort of unidentifiable virus where for no reason her legs go all wobbly and she cannot stand and has to sit down quickly. She also gets random lumps appearing of her face and head and sometimes either eye is so swollen that she cannot see out of it.
Doctors cannot identify the issue and are assuming it could be stress related with issues with our daughter emigrating to UK, adopted daughter losing her husband and a host of other issues.
Thats strange, my wife has now Excma for the last 12 months after her Covid Jabs, but she does have asthma and it is related. Neighbor has "wobbly legs" and can't walk well. All seem to have come on after covid and the jabs,
But maybe I am looking to deep into it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts