Our recent six week adventure in France with our three dogs

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi there. If anyone is thinking of heading to France with their pet(s), I've set up a blog of our experiences (we've just returned from a fabulous six weeks in France with our dogs and caravan) at www.dogtravelblog.co.uk. Just might give a few helpful hints if it's your first time taking your dog abroad.

Happy travels!

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for an entertaining and informative website!

It is nice to read about other folks true life experiences..

Cheers,

Ed.
Thanks for such nice feedback Ed. We had such a great time after I spent so much time worrying about things before we went! Can't wait to start planning the next trip!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Helen, what a great blog. We were also in France for May and june, but up in the north east.This was our second time with the dogs, so it wasn't so traumatic for us, but I do wish we'd had your blog to read three years ago, when we did it for the first itme!!

We use Norfolk line, as our car is LPG powered, and not allowed in the tunnel. The crossing is only 1hr 40m, and we have a gate on our car which allows us to leave the boot open, but the car is secure. We've also found that the crew are generally dog-friendly, too.

Your blog will be a great help to first-timers. Well done.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Helen, what a great blog. We were also in France for May and june, but up in the north east.This was our second time with the dogs, so it wasn't so traumatic for us, but I do wish we'd had your blog to read three years ago, when we did it for the first itme!!

We use Norfolk line, as our car is LPG powered, and not allowed in the tunnel. The crossing is only 1hr 40m, and we have a gate on our car which allows us to leave the boot open, but the car is secure. We've also found that the crew are generally dog-friendly, too.

Your blog will be a great help to first-timers. Well done.
Great feedback, Emmerson - thank you! If I can put just one person's mind at rest about taking their dog abroad then the blog will have done what I wanted. And maybe the campsite reviews will help those people with or without dogs. Helen

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I've copied and pasted the web site you've put down about your 6 weeks in france but get nothing on the page. just webdog!!!!

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Really interesting read,agree tunnel is great,esp.agree not to go too far into carriages as we had to reverse back as a large motorhome took a full carriage,and the van in front (on the 05.50 on 25th June if you use this site)had all sorts of trouble, getting his van up the kerbing at one point.Also as you say the aires with no fuel are much better for stopping at for breaks.One fuelstop had attendants helping customers and there were still queues for every pump.Havent got a dog but if I had I would print everything and take it with me

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Hello. In my posting, because www.dogtravelblog.co.uk is in a sentence, there's a full stop after uk. Don't copy the full stop after uk when you're copy and pasting and it WILL work! I've just tried it! Please try again! I'm really hoping it's going to be a useful site for people, with or without dogs! Helen

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Helen

Its a small world. I recognised the dogs from one of the pictures on the Blog! I remember talking to your husband about them, it was my contention that, this particular breed always looks sad. Glad you had a good trip. We have not long been back from our trip to Italy.

David

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Helen

Its a small world. I recognised the dogs from one of the pictures on the Blog! I remember talking to your husband about them, it was my contention that, this particular breed always looks sad. Glad you had a good trip. We have not long been back from our trip to Italy.

David
Hi David! My husband remembers the conversation! Nice to hear from you and I hope your trip was as good as ours. The dogs might look sad but I can tell you that they're cheeky monkeys! Helen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts