"Out & About" mag

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Picked this new mag up for holiday reading - I read issue two (I think) as was impressed. Covers all sorts of outdoor activities including Walking, Caravanning, Motorhomes and even reported on an offroad driving school.

The site reports are comprehensive and seemingly accurate as one (of the many) coverred is Sandy Balls near where I live.

It was a good read that I found myself going back to and finding more interesting bits. It was refresshing to be able to read a magazine that coverred far more than just caravans.

You may like to check it out. It is only £2.75 - though not for long I would think.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Subscribed to this from the first issue, undoubtably the best mag around. I prefer the mags which review areas/sites rather than caravans/motorhomes as I've already bought the van - don't need another - just somewhere to go in it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Me to Janet, and got a super Gelert rucksack and a very good pair of binoculars for the trouble, so superb value.

This months issue is so packed with places to go that it's going to take me at least two years to catch up!!.

Have to agree with you this is just what the industry needed...... a magazine that gives us information and ideas on where to use our caravans to the fullest. I really don't want to sit down and think "that looks better than mine, should I buy one?".... No, I've made my choice and I don't want to look at next years model.

I must say though when searching out information when starting carvanning CC was invaluable.

See you in Picos de Europe (looks great doesn't it!)

Regards

Graham F

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the tip, have ordered my 1st copy of Out and About so look forward to it being as good as you say!

kind regards

BF (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I only have the August issue but would like the Picos de Europa copy - was this in the previous issue?

We went there in October one year, stayed just outside Potes and were incredibly impressed. This area is truly stunning.

The Brittany Ferry from Plymouth to Santander now only takes 18 hours I think and is a very enjoyable mini-cruise.

Can not wait to go back!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The feature on Picos de Europe is in the September issue, which came out today. If you subscribe you get it a few days earlier. Should be in the shops now. In fact, sure I saw it in Morrisons last night!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Janet - I will get it lunchtime.

If you are intersted in activity holiday - or even an interesting excursion - check out www.picostur.com They are a firm we have used for trecks - using the "jeep trails" and canoeing. Very professional - good value but you do need to speak Spanish better than in most parts of Spain.

I think you can get all you need from their website but you can email them on picostur@picostur.com

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I only have the August issue but would like the Picos de Europa copy - was this in the previous issue?

We went there in October one year, stayed just outside Potes and were incredibly impressed. This area is truly stunning.

The Brittany Ferry from Plymouth to Santander now only takes 18 hours I think and is a very enjoyable mini-cruise.

Can not wait to go back!
Hi iminterested in the idea of a mini cruise to Santander with Britanniy ferries what sort of cost are you looking at. The advertised price is never the best deal so it would be interesting to know others pay Thanks in anticipation

Coljac

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clive

Thanks for telling us about this mag. Just bought my first copy and am impressed when scanning through. Seems nice quality, a good mix of subjects and not SO MANY adverts!! If it stays like this it will be popular.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Can not wait to go back!
My son and I took a package with Brittany Ferries that included a small villa. This was booked through Brittany Ferries own brochure which was very good value.

I admit to being a fan of Brittany Ferries having used most operators in the past. The food standard of service etc by Brittany Ferries has allways been excellent.

The beauty of the long sea journey is that you can relax. We saw a film, read a book, had a beer and enjoyed some entretainment in the evening. Though do remember that the Bay of Biscay can be a bit choppy!

We were on the older Ferry that took a full 24 hours - I havnt been on the new one that takes just 18 hours.

I would recommend you pick up one of their Villa brochures from a travel agent. We had a great time - recommend it.

Do have a look at www.picostur.com if you like a bit of an activity holiday. This firm was great and is easily found on the main road into Potes from the coast just back from the main square.

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to mention that they are specifically asking for opinions about the ever increasing adult only sites. Should prove interesting!!!!!
I only use Adult only sites now, have done the caravaning with my kids just want piece and quiet. You can't beat them

TRENDING THREADS