Over night stay between Calais and La Rochelle

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Evening all we are off to La Rochelle in the caravan in just over 3 weeks and I am looking to stop over on the way down as we can't enter the campsite until the next day. Question is do you find and book somewhere for the night or stop at one of the services/ Autoroute??

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
My preference would be to use an ACSI site or look for a Municipal site. Only a couple of weeks ago we stopped at night for fuel at a French service area where some Dutch travellers were victims of a robbery. I consider sites to not only be safer, but also quieter.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Marc, there are lots of sites between, Rouen and Le mans, Bernay, Ses, Gace, and Alecon, to mention just a few, we never book for overnight stays but tend to get to the sites between 3 and 5 pm, so we have time to get to another one just in case!. And I would not recommend overnighting in the service station or Aires. The acsi maps and also the Caravan Club books for Europe give almost all the sites, private and also municiples.
Hutch.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not sure whether you wish to 'cut the corner' but there is a ry good municipal with easy access at Doue la Fontaine. There is a big aquatic centre necxt door if you fancy a refreshing swim

TRENDING THREADS