Overnight between Le mans/Tours enroute Dordogne

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Could anyone suggest a good site between Le Mans and Tours. Preferably with some where nearby to have evening meal or on site restaurant/takeaway. We are travelling from Calais so thought this would be about halfway to Sarlat. Many Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
You ask about a site between Le Mans and Tours. Does that sound as though you plan using the A28 autoroute from the A13 at Rouen down to Tours? If so, it's a very expensive journey with a caravan - it'll cost you nearly 50 Euros. The alternative road, the A/N154 is very good for towing on and of course, is toll-free. Over half way on that route there's a lovely site at Salbris, or an earlier one at Orleans.

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
You ask about a site between Le Mans and Tours. Does that sound as though you plan using the A28 autoroute from the A13 at Rouen down to Tours? If so, it's a very expensive journey with a caravan - it'll cost you nearly 50 Euros. The alternative road, the A/N154 is very good for towing on and of course, is toll-free. Over half way on that route there's a lovely site at Salbris, or an earlier one at Orleans.
Thanks John. I used the A28 down to Le Mans this year but then went to Saumur via A11/A85. I use the tolls because I find it a better journey with 3 children. Of course I appreciate what you are saying about the cost but I will be using toll roads mostly again next year. Thanks Again

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Cheers John. We will be using tolls mostly due to having 3 children in car. Only been to France twice now both to Saumur Loire valley and found these really good routes. Many Thanks

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Try the municipal site at Bourges. Ten or so mintues walk into a lovely town (technically a city) centre with loads of restaurants. There's also a mobile pizza van close to the site most nights. Facilities are excellent, site is generally quiet.

There is also a municipal at Mehun about 15Km NW of Bourges but it is only open in July and August. Basic grassy site, mains, clean but limited shower facilities. Town is small but pleasant and just out of the centre is the Pillyvuit pottery (ask herself - she's bound to have heard of it) with seconds at ridiculously cheap prices (plain white is sold by weight!)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just arrived back after a month in France and we used Dunkerque as the ferry port. Our overnight stop down and back was in Dourdan at Les Petits Pres. Its just off the A10 and leaves you about 300 miles to Sarlat. Nice little site clean, used by over night Brits and Dutch. Wash rooms were heated too. Coming down from Dunkerque we went around Paris on the Francilienne the combination of A104 and N104. It drops you right onto the A10 just north of Dourdan.

Cheers

Other Clive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts