Overnight Dunkerque

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a site close to Dunkerque Ferry port, for our return journey due to depart 10am on a Sunday. I have 2 small children and a twin wheel caravan.

Anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks

Lisa

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Although Gandspette will be nearer I would stop at Bien Assise and indeed will be later on this year and getting the same time crossing. Having been to both sites with a twin axle I thing Bien Assise have larger better laid out pitches which are more level.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I've read somewhere that Chateau du Gandspette will no longer accept twin axles in peak season, due to damage to some of the pitches. The grassy pitches there are very soft and easily damaged in wet weather. I understand they are reinforcing some pitches with the sort of matting that allows the grass to grow through.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a site almost in Dunkirk, about twenty minutes from the ferry, but I can't remember its name!!! It's in the Caravan Europe book.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
It depends where you are coming from if you are coming from Belgium there is a good ACSI Camping Card Site at Kleine Sands in Belgium. From this direction you would go well past the Ferry to get to Ben Asise. But that is a good site if coming from the other direction South/West France. This site is also ACSI Camping card site if you are in the right period.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Bien Assise is in Guines. It is part of Les Castels chain. Depending upon which way you are coming back to Dunkirk you can access off the A16 at Marquise and follow signs to Guines or if you are coming up the middle on A26 you can exit at Junction 2 and head West. Loveley site with a covered pool and a decent takeaway / restaurant if you do not want to cook on your last night. We will be aiming to get there for the last two nights of our hols so that on the last day we can do the final shop at Cite Europe which is just 1 or 2 junctions up on the A16.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
There are 2 campsites nearby Des Dunes and De la plage. If you go on ACSI you can email and ask if they take twin axles.

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
We stayed at Des Dunes with our twin axle in November. There are not a lot of touring pitches and access to some is tight but manageable. Facilities are Ok for an overnight, but I would not like to stay there longer than that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts