Overnight near Harwich Ferry ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have booked to go on the Practical Caravan Rally to Holland in April and with a 9am sailing to the Hook and us living on the south coast we have a fair drive so were looking to stay overnight within easy reach of Harwich Ferry on the Wednesday night before our sailing and also on the day of our return as it will be evening time on a Friday 10 days later.Also does anyone know how long before our sailing would we need to be at Ferry. Hoping someone out there can help...... Geoff

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff

You can stay overnight on the docks itself. We did this in May and you just drive as if going on the ferry and ask the attendant where you can stay overnight. He will direct you to the far side of the docks carpark. We had a quiet night as the lorries board from a different part and in the morning we just pulled into line, and I can highly recommend it. Although there are no hook-ups you can manage with battery and gas and there are toilet facilities and I think, a small drinks area. There was also a good cafe in the terminal where the cruise liners sail from.

We have also thought about booking this trip, so can you tell me where you got the details from please, as I missed a couple of the magazines.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff

You can stay overnight on the docks itself. We did this in May and you just drive as if going on the ferry and ask the attendant where you can stay overnight. He will direct you to the far side of the docks carpark. We had a quiet night as the lorries board from a different part and in the morning we just pulled into line, and I can highly recommend it. Although there are no hook-ups you can manage with battery and gas and there are toilet facilities and I think, a small drinks area. There was also a good cafe in the terminal where the cruise liners sail from.

We have also thought about booking this trip, so can you tell me where you got the details from please, as I missed a couple of the magazines.
Hi ya thanks a lot for your info sounds like the ideal solution!! The rally was in the January issue if you want more info then phone 08448 440 440 and ask to speak to Jane its with "eurocamp independant" Thurs 9th to Fri 17th April.

Option 1

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff

Thanks for that information. Sounds like a good trip. We are now thinking also about the Dordognne which unfortunately is more or less the same time. Amsterdam is great, but don't have scampi, as they do not remove the shells before they cover them in sauce!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts