Overnight near Roscoff port

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Any suggestions / recommendations for a site within say an hour - ideally less - of Roscoff port before catching 09.00 ferry to Plymouth. .Guess this will mean 0800 check in and don't like getting up before I have to.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
De Trologot, Grève du Mar, Saint Pol De Léon,

alanrogers.com/campsite/camping-de-trologot-fr29490

You can see the ferry from the site. It's only about 15 minutes away. A good site for a few days and ideal for exploring that part of Brittany.

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Camping Municapal Le Bops du Palud at Plougoulm, about 5 mile from Roscoff and 2 from St Pol de Leon good for early ferries home as no barriers. Pretty site out of the way with some nice views down to a beach. We have used this site a lot as my wife had friends who lived near Plougoulm.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the two suggestions. Unfortunately neither site is open when I need it = thrird week in April next year. However the search through their websites turned up another Ar Kleguer which seems to be next to Trologot and claims to be open from April 1st so I am getting confirmation now.
Most sites seem to have a fairly short season 1st May to end September but I guess this is down to the coastal weather.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
RayS said:
Thanks for the two suggestions. Unfortunately neither site is open when I need it = thrird week in April next year. However the search through their websites turned up another Ar Kleguer which seems to be next to Trologot and claims to be open from April 1st so I am getting confirmation now.
Most sites seem to have a fairly short season 1st May to end September but I guess this is down to the coastal weather.

No it’s a continental thing not just coastal areas. We were in the Jura one mid September and it really was very difficult to find sites open to such an extent that for a spell we left the van on its pitch and continued the holiday via bed and breakfasts and hotels. But even many of those were closed in that area. Had to go into the main commercial centres.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Camping Municipal de Perharidy
Route Santec, Roscoff, Brittany

This is very close, west of the port, and lies behind the sand-dunes of a silver sand beach. Google earth will pin-point it for you. We had a free night there with the ferry booking that docked late. Not sure if that may still apply, but we liked it here and there were fresh baguettes in the morning!
Don't know whether you have used Roscoff before but the dock is in open land and you are very quickly onto the road network with near to zero traffic. On the return journey you can see the ferry for several miles across the fields! Pity the poor unsuspecting travellers that are coming the other way into the bliss of Plymouth traffic instead!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the additional information and suggestions. I've looked at the websites of the other sites but only the Ar kxxxxxxx site appears to open before end April.
I've used Plymouth Roscoff outbound for several years now always on December 27 overnight sailing. We live about equidistant from Plymouth and Portsmouth and the trip to Portsmouth on that day can be horrendous with A303 on gridlock around Stonehenge and Salisbury around the shopping area. Plymouth is a far more pleasent run and there is a big parking area at the terminal, so we get there in daylight, park up, have a hot meal ( and a drink) before check in and it's always been quite relaxing.
The only trick seems to be to ignore the ferry signs when coming from Exeter and continue on the ring road to the north, turning into the city at what is the Tavistock road going north. This avoids the main shopping areas.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Well that's a misnomer then... Camping Aux 4 saisons - which appears to open 1st April and hen close 30th September! ..Camping aux 2 saisons after all!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts