Overnight parking at Bilbao before ferry

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Is it still allowed to park on the Bilbao dockside overnight before catching a morning ferry?
We will be catching the 10.30 am ferry to Portsmouth on a Tuesday at end of March.
Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Yes! I stayed there last year towards the end of February. I arrived at about 3 o'clock the previous afternoon. Check in opened at 4pm and we passed through into the boarding lines. By ten pm, there were twenty-five or so outfits there. This year I'm sailing from Santander so it will be overnight at Virgen del Mar.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Jaydug. Just what I needed to know.
We stayed at Virgen del Mar for our last Santander crossing - very good and convenient.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Supplementary question please. We will arrive at the port around 3pm on Monday 25th March for Tuesdau AM sailing, so will spend the night there after check-in.
Obviously we don't expect electric hook up but is there any access to clean water and can we dump grey water before boarding? Also is there anywhere to dump rubbish?

Of course we're not expecting full facilities on the dockside, but it is nice to know what is available in advance.

Many thanks

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Can't answer that question but why not stop on a CL site close to the port like what we do down at Dover , it's costing us £20 for the night on a CL site then its a 1o minute drive for a 5am crossing ? An old link but...
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/overseas-parks-touring/50749-sites-near-bilbao-ferry-port&ved=2ahUKEwjohbnJnP3gAhVsVBUIHYuaAnsQFjADegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0ExTzBtWgzcLScNkGUvmM0&cshid=1552415354277

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
brissle said:
but is there any access to clean water and can we dump grey water before boarding? Also is there anywhere to dump rubbish?

I can't answer the water question but any water I did require, I took with me from my previous stop. Same applies to grey water and rubbish disposal. That was dumped before setting off. There's a cafe open at certain times and they have the usual collection of litter bins.

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Sorry, there's a misunderstanding CraigYoung - I'm talking about overnighting on the dock at BILBAO on the way home. Yes we have a CL nearby for the trip out from Portsmouth.

Yes Jaydug - no problem in carrying water with us (don't need much for 16 hours on the dock anyway).
It's just that the car and van are loaded to capacity with all the stuff for 10 weeks in Portugal, plus the excellent wine we want to take home, so every kilo I can save is worth-while.

No problem and thanks for the responses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts