overnight parking in portsmouth and le harve

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
If you are taking the morning sailing from Portsmouth you may wish to stay at the docks overnight. There is plenty of room for parking - we usually go over to the left by the fence. It is very well lit. If you are having an afternoon sailing and wish to stay at a site with facilities there is the CC site Rookesbury Park just off M27 or Morn Hill at Winchester. Never stayed at the docks at Le Harve but there is a site in CC club Travel Service in Europe Book just the other side of the Pont de Normandie bridge - La Catiniere. It is just 5 mins from the bridge and although not a brilliant site for a long stay it is fine for an overnight stop.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
Hi There

We have used La Catiniere a few times, once for several days touring the area and its ok but the proprietors are very set on their opening hours, unwilling to open the barrier after 10 oclock for afternoon ferry arrival (if there still is a ferry at that time) and refuse to raise it before 7am for morning ferry departures or take payments the day before and this led to a real rush for the docks.

Dave

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We have always spent the night on the dock at Portsmouth ,I understand there is a small area in Le Havre to do the same but never tried it.

About 30 minutes from Le Havre is a site called Risle-seine-les-etangs at Toutainville nr to Pont Audmer.It is a municipal on the side of a lake.The first few pitches are flat,narrow and level the idea being that you can leave the van hooked up for a quick getaway in the morning.The site has a security barrier but if you need to leave before it opens the site gives you a zapper to let yourself out you then put the zapper in the letterbox.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
At the Portsmouth end, I suggest the cravan site at the eastern end of Southsea sea front (about 15 mins from the port) Look at www.southsealeisurepark.com. I agree that if you are unfamiliar with Le Havre, La Catineire is a good one night option. About 25 mins from the port and eay to find.

Regards, Phil

G

Attacks on caravaner's staying overnight on the docks at Le Havre by local youths reported in one of the caravan mags a few years back.

TRENDING THREADS