overnight stay by clermount ferrand

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
hi going to spain next week left it late to book site due to changing route (long story)travelling from calis and think clermount ferrand is a good point to stop for the day, there are two parties travelling so any suggestions would be most welcome

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi Nigel,

I did trip three weeks ago but from dunkerque and avoided Paris area and went via rouen,stayed at camping de sologne in Salbris very popular site for night halt.There is another south of clermont at a place called Orcet called camping le clos Auroy.Was going to stay there but stayed in Salbris then went on to Carcassonne.

Best of luck

Taffy

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nigel,

I did trip three weeks ago but from dunkerque and avoided Paris area and went via rouen,stayed at camping de sologne in Salbris very popular site for night halt.There is another south of clermont at a place called Orcet called camping le clos Auroy.Was going to stay there but stayed in Salbris then went on to Carcassonne.

Best of luck

Taffy
hi taffy did you pre book ,or just turned up being main weeks little worried ,we are also going rouen route are the tolls costly this way? cheers

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nigel

If you take the N road, rather than the autoroute there are several sites along that road, starting at Nevers, where there is a municipal site, then Chatel de Neuve where there are two sites, St Pourcain sur Sioule, again a choice of two sites, Grannat where there's a municipal site, and just south of Clermont Ferrand is the muncipal site at Issoire. Obviously you're travelling in peak season, so it may be necessary to at least check availability before going out of your way. If you're doing the autoroute itself, north of Clermont Ferrand, then this website http://users.telenet.be/leo.huybrechts/camp1.htm

may help you find other sites along your changed route! It lists ALL sites within 15 km of the major routes through France - just click on the flag, select your route, and then the sites are listed from north to south, so it's very easy to find one wherever you are.

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi Nigel,

Best of luck

Taffy
Nigel,

With Salbris I phoned on way up and there wasn't a problem as long as you get there before six you should be ok.With Orcet I e-mailed them and there wasn't a problem.With Salbris Ithink from stopping there twice its more of a staging post than a holiday spot easy access from motorway good evening meals and facilities.

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
My Ma & Pa swear by a place in Issoire 20 minutes south of Clermont that was featured in the Magazine earlier this year in a reader report they like it so much they stay for a couple of days, but have used it as an overnight halt before. Depending on your progress further south from Issoire there is a nice campsite close to the motorway at St Flour.

In addition: If you are making good time and you are looking for a traditional bakery for lunch or breakfast supplies, heading south the second junction after the Millau bridge sp La Cavalerie drive into the village at the cross roads turn right bakery on the right you can drive past and turnaround up the road complete with the van on the back.

Where in Spain are you heading to?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
John_Boy - you sound just like us. One year we realised we were finding our way around France by the quality of the patisseries - and regularly going back to the same ones! We've used the one in La Cavalerie, too, and had a walk around the work which was going on, in the Templar 'barracks'.

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
My Ma & Pa swear by a place in Issoire 20 minutes south of Clermont that was featured in the Magazine earlier this year in a reader report they like it so much they stay for a couple of days, but have used it as an overnight halt before. Depending on your progress further south from Issoire there is a nice campsite close to the motorway at St Flour.

In addition: If you are making good time and you are looking for a traditional bakery for lunch or breakfast supplies, heading south the second junction after the Millau bridge sp La Cavalerie drive into the village at the cross roads turn right bakery on the right you can drive past and turnaround up the road complete with the van on the back.

Where in Spain are you heading to?
thanks John_Boy we are going to campsite l`amflora by a place called Roses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts