overnight stay

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

We are going to cornwall in august from southport M6,M5,A30 !!

Have got two small children though and so would like to stop halfway and pitch for the night, dont need hookup or electric as it's purely a rest for the kids and hubby driving!Any ideas welcome !!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are you in the Caravan Club? If so, how about Cadeside, south of Taunton or Minnows near Tiverton. Both are close to the M5. In the past we have driven until we feel like stopping and found a CL from the club handbook to stop at.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
thanks dusty, yes we are in the caravan club, was thinking about a cl, do you always find one that has room??(wouldnt want to be stuck with two tired screaming kids,} that would be better idea if so !!!!do you just sit and phone till you find one ???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina, Not sure how far you want to travel before your night halt but there is a site adjacent to the M5 at junction 22. It is on the West side of the motorway accessed from the roundabout that meets the A38.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina,

the following information is what I have copied down from time to time. Don't know anything about the sites !!

1.Briarfields Caravan Site....Cheltenham.

2.www.tudorcaravanpark.co.uk Slimbridge nr.Gloucester

3.Caravan Club at Tewkesbury ( 5 mins off the M5 )

4.Camping & Caravan Club at Winchcombe ( also near to M5 )

I would advise pre-booking if you decide to use a CL as the popular ones will get snapped up early.Let us all know after the holiday ......enjoy!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina,

the following information is what I have copied down from time to time. Don't know anything about the sites !!

1.Briarfields Caravan Site....Cheltenham.

2.www.tudorcaravanpark.co.uk Slimbridge nr.Gloucester

3.Caravan Club at Tewkesbury ( 5 mins off the M5 )

4.Camping & Caravan Club at Winchcombe ( also near to M5 )

I would advise pre-booking if you decide to use a CL as the popular ones will get snapped up early.Let us all know after the holiday ......enjoy!
Thanks Maureen will do !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts