overnight stop half way between rouen to le mans

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
Elaine, we did the same earlier in the year, calais to st jean de monts in vendee. Did an overnight stop on outskirts of Le Mans, camp site called Chateau de Chanteloup. Absolutely beautiful, and reasonably priced as well. The pitches are massive, could have stayed there for the whole 2 week holiday!

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
Elaine, we did the same earlier in the year, calais to st jean de monts in vendee. Did an overnight stop on outskirts of Le Mans, camp site called Chateau de Chanteloup. Absolutely beautiful, and reasonably priced as well. The pitches are massive, could have stayed there for the whole 2 week holiday!
thanks ill look that one up, is it a long haul from calais to le mans how many hours on road at about 60mph

Sep 28, 2007
Visit site
hi,

we stayed at Chanteloup as well.Nice site although we had to double back by quite a few miles (maybe the direct route is ok for caravans but i wasn't going to gamble it!!).I think it's about 300 miles from Calais and took us 7 ish hours inc. stops with 2 young children (several!).

Regards,

Dave.

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Elaine,

You don't say when you are travelling, so if it is this year Chanteloup will now be closed. We use it most years, in both directions, if we are travelling down the west side of France.

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We stayed at a superb municipal in Beaumont-sur-Sarthe in August for one night. Lovely site by the river and facilities better than some expensive campsites we stayed in the price was just 9 euros a night. I do not know if it will be open over the winter months check in Caravan Club Europe 1 Book.

Angela

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This site is to be found in the Caravan Club bible under "Sille de Philippe" with a short openning and in my opinion high charges.

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

We stayed at a superb municipal in Beaumont-sur-Sarthe in August for one night. Lovely site by the river and facilities better than some expensive campsites we stayed in the price was just 9 euros a night. I do not know if it will be open over the winter months check in Caravan Club Europe 1 Book.

Angela
Hi Angela, Looking at a few municipal sites but not having stayed on one am intrigued how you book as most web sites if indeed there are any for them are all in french. Like this one can you advise please

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts