overnight stops in Switzerland/Italy

May 13, 2006
Visit site
We are looking for overnight stops on our way to Italy. We are looking for one around bottom of lake Como and one around Luzern in Switzerland. Any help would be appreciated as we have spent the last 3 hours on the net and got nowhere. Many thanks

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
Take a look at this website www.swisscamps.ch

Click on the map for lucerne. I think there are 3 campsites

Also look at www.seecamping.ch

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Wendy

Can't really help you on overnighters in Switzerland as we have almost always passed through quickly. But one strong bit of advice I will give you is to keep driving past Camping Como International. I do not wish to raise the concerns of the mods so I will not go into too many details, but it was frightening. It is the only time that I have had a site operator knock us up to ask us to move our car so they could slide a motor home in so close to the van that we couldn't open our van door fully.

Cheers

Mike A

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Wendy

Have a look at camping-sursee.ch we have stopped ther twice on are way to Italy lovely little site good facilities for a short stay.5 mins from the motorway. If you are planning to go to lucern easy to get to from this campsite. This site was the only one when we were looking which would accomodate us for one or two nights most sites wanted us to book for three nights or more.

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
http://www.camping.it/..But am also wondering if its just a stoping point, how about the services at coldrerio. these are just a mile from the Italian border on the swiss side [A2] m/way chiasso. Many camper vans, caravans and people sleeping in cars use this place.so its safe as you are still in switzerland.

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
We've stayed at International Camping Lido just outside Lucerne a few years ago and it was very good. We used it as a stopover for a couple of nights on the way to Italy. As the name implies it's right beside a swimming Lido and it's easy to get into the centre if you want to. (We also stayed at International Camping, Como - it was a bit rough then and clearly has gone even further downhill!Pity, as it's handy for the motorway and Como town is well worth a look, particularly the lake front.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts