overnight stops - Northern Spain

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just booked the Santander ferry for a 6 week stay in the Valencia area this winter. Can anyone suggest a site approx 100/150 miles from Santander, en route to Valencia, which will be open in February. Advice on best route also appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Site at Sabinan sometimes written Savinan should meet the bill. Just off the autopista south of Zaragoza but you can 'cut the corner' and avoid Zaragoza by going via Magallon south of Tudela to Alumina. Open all year, very easy to find, some English spoken.
In the Caravan Club Europe book under Calatayud. A latrger town just to the south.

I've used this site out and back for over 10 years.

There is an OA Y site in Zaragoza, but not as easy to find and has mixed reports

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The ferry docks at 12.30hrs at Santander. allowing say, an hour to disembarque, is the site reachable in daylight hours (February)?
I'm a slow driver from what I can make out listening to other travellers' exploits, and there is no 'relief' driver!

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Camping de Haro is 120 mles from Santander just off AP68. We use this one when we are arriving at Santander at lunchtime. It is on page 166 of Caravan Club Europe 2014 or www.campingdeharo.com

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
In February we were on our way back to Bilboa. Someone suggested 2 sites that were ok to stay at. One was Camping De Haro and the other one was La Rioja at Navarrete. They are both ACSI sites. We only chose Haro as it was slightly closer to Bilbao.

Les

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts