Owners and their dogs.........

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi all we are away in our van and im on my soap box and on a roll lol......We are owners of 3 dogs, 2 rottweilers and a staffy, we consider ourselves responsible dog owners, clearing up mess in the dog walk, not allowing our dogs to be a nuiscience, so why oh why is it that people with whats considered "cute" dogs have them on extendable leads and let them wander all over peoples pitches???????? Im sure if i did the same with my rottis that people would be tutting or making comments so why cant other people be respectful of other caravanners??? Im sure if i went upto there pitch and p****d all over there pitch they would have something to say??????

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Totally agree with you Craig.
We have a springer spaniel and a shih-tzu who are both kept on short leads when walking through the campsites,keeping to the road,footpath and away from other peoples pitches.
We pay for our pitches to site our caravan,awning and car.This is our little piece of land that we have paid for and dont need other peoples animals being allowed to wander onto it and(as happened a few weeks ago)P**S down the side of my awning
smiley-surprised.gif

I dont mind children coming over and asking if they can stroke the dogs.
Obviously dogs dont know any different but the owners do and should maybe show a little more respect.
Adrian

May 21, 2008
Visit site
It's definately the owner's who need a kick

Like the rest on here, we look after our dog and make sure he is seen but not heard, and is not a pest to anyone.
If anyone want's to stroke our chocolate Lab, I always pre-warn them that he is powerfull and does like to lift his head at the last min.
We've got our car specifically fitted out to transport him. He has a 6" electric fan, sun blinds and the car's air con piped to the boot area via the rear seat ducts. He also has a mesh fitted to the opening tailgate window. Not to keep him in, but to keep people out. As we are fulltiming, we take him everywhere with us. I'll even leave the car locked with the windows wide open when we have no option but to leave him for 30 mins to go into the supermarket.
I just wish humans would not be so selfish as to hog all the shadey spots in the car parks to park their dark coloured cars out of the sun
smiley-wink.gif

Our hound has cost us £70 at the vets over the last couple of weeks because he picked up a sickness and diorea bug. Well it's either that or the weed killer we saw being liberally sprayed on site a few days previous. But as we can't proove either way we have to swallow the bill.

Under Health, Safety & Environment regs, people who use weed killer in public spaces are supposed to display signs detailing what has been used. But they don't.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
craigmurray said:
We are owners of 3 dogs, 2 rottweilers and a staffy, we consider ourselves responsible dog owners, clearing up mess in the dog walk, not allowing our dogs to be a nuiscience, so why oh why is it that people with whats considered "cute" dogs have them on extendable leads and let them wander all over peoples pitches

I'm not sure if you mean "cute dogs" as any dog except a "macho" dog like a rottweiler or Staffordshire Bull Terrier but after caravanning now for quite a few years I can assure you that even those with "macho" dogs take liberties regarding having dogs on extendable leads and walking over others pitches
smiley-wink.gif
This isn't a breed specific complaint.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have watched the council spray the hedges alongside the road ... I don't know what with .... and later saw children picking blackberries. But that was years ago. I now understand that the council don't spray, which for some reason, has caused an increase in "road-kill".

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Craig I also have one SBT and one SBT X. I've come to the conclusion that there's idiots everywhere and it's probably best to ignore them.
smiley-sealed.gif

Lisa

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Craig
As the slave of two Springers I know full well it's a minority of lazy owners who can't be bothered to ten dto their dogs needs. Ours get a good walk and run every morning, at least an hour and ionclude a swim where possible. These selfish owners who allow a dog to mess on site need to be asked to leave immediately. Harsh it may sound but the sooner there is zero tolerance on lazy selfish owners the better. It's not the poor dog's fault!!
smiley-kiss.gif

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Fully agree with comments re irresponsible dog owners. We were at Crossways a CC site in Dorset short while back and a group of two familes pitched together just let their dogs roam free and play anywhere they wanted. On their last morning as they emptied their thetfords one of the dogs messed just near the disposal point....no attempt to pick it up. I was reluctant to say anything as within three hours of arrival on site I had 'asked' them in no mean manner to shift theiir inflatable football goal so that the ball would hit their own cars. After our van had had 3 strikes and someone elses car 1 strike I felt it was time to say something. Parents were all sat outside drinking and barbequing so could see where the kids had pitched the goal. All the other families with children/and or dogs caused no hassle at all.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2028824/Manchester-mother-Karen-Greaves-fights-bull-mastiff-rips-puppy-pieces.html
the last 2 times we have away , we have 3 dogs crap on our pitch , only 1 owner apologised , the last one the caravanners had visitors with a boxer dog , which was allowed to run around the site while they were all greeting each other eventually it got to our pitch where it crapped , so i said can you clean it up please , the visitors cleaned it up with out saying a word , the next morning i said good morning to the caravan owner , and he completely ignored me , so i said to my wife it must have my fault the dog had a crap , but on the link above how long will it be before this happens on a caravan site

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for that joby. It goes to prove the point that I made in my earlier post that irresponsible dog owners aren't breed specific. Saying that I'd rather be attacked by a cute dog than a macho dog any day. It's not that often you hear of other dogs, children or adults being maimed or killed by cute dogs.

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
We also have dogs 4 in total, 2 border collies, 1 black lab puppy, and a king charles spaniel. They are all taken off the site we stay on first thing in the morning to do there business etc. on some waste ground. My hubby and son also pick up on the waste ground so as not to leave any mess behind, they go out allday with us whereever we go. We watch them don,t let them bark, fowl or cause a nuisance to other people. We are responsible dog owners I hope. Some people dont care or bother to clean up after their dogs. They should each face a fine or similar when they dont pick up after their dog etc. Not the dogs fault , they no no different. The owner on the otherhand knows exactly what needs to be done. Shame on these people.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts