Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi please help we are going to paris next year from dover and has anyone done this trip and be kindly to give us some tips on travel etc.....

hope you all can help cheers andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't go on the autoroute-A1-use the N roads-N1-it is a much better & more scenic ride.Don't whatever you do go on the Periphique Paris ring road with or without a caravan on the back,it wiil prematurely age you!!There are several sites around Paris most of these are near Metro(underground train)stations.Use the train.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went to Paris for 5 nights last summer. We stayed at the Blois de Bologne in the centre of Paris. I went down the A1 all the way to Paris, then went round the Peripherique. I travelled on a Sunday and apart from it being "Black Sunday" when all europe seems to go on holiday.

The peripherique was very easy to drive round, you need a good map which shows all the exits and plan your route in advance. I didn't have any problems and I travel alone with my two sons aged 11 & 12.

The campsite was about 2 kms from the Arc de Triumph. A bus took you to the nearest metro station and then Paris was at your finger tips.

TRENDING THREADS