Park Coppice CC Site

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
Having just returned from a week (almost) st Park Coppice CC site Coniston just thought I would ask a few questions.
The site was newly opened on the 1st of August after a re-vamp inc new toilet blocks and a facelift. Aprt from the occasional water being turned off ,which was duly sign posted at the relevant places by the wardens, everything was ok, apart from..........the minority of people spoiling it for everyone else.
I will explain.....The facilities were brand new but after only 2 days one of the sinks had the plug/chain pulled out (in the veg prep area) and the general state of the toilets around noon after the hoards had done their ablutions was quite frankly a disgrace. I don't think that some people know what a toilet brush is and on occasion someone decides to pee on the seat of a toilet and also a bit on the floor! My wife overheard a conversation between a young girl and her mother exiting a shower cubicle with the young girl asking if she could mop out the shower and her mother said "No leave it , it doesn't need doing" YES IT DOES !! The mop is there for a reason to disinfect the floor ready for the next person.
So for those of us that treat otner peoples property with respect and use toilet brushes and mop and squegee the floor good on you, for the rest you shoild be ashamed of yourselves, you don't treat your own house like that do you?(Yes you probably do)
I feel better for that.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Tom said:
I feel better for that.

You might feel better Tom but sadly things aren't going to change. It makes you wonder what the inside of their caravan is like.
Having gone into thousands of homes before finishing work with the ambulance service we could usually tell what kind of people we were going to be dealing with by the state of their front garden. It was a good guide to what the inside of the house was like. Wipe your feet on the way out if you know what I mean :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well Tom we are lucky you see we have a modern caravan, where one can use the toilet and shower and washing the dishes
Knowing it will be spotless every time we use it.
Having to empty the loo is a much safer option, no fear of catching the germs left by others.

Royston

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Like you Royston, we usually use our own facilities, only occasionally using the sites shower/toilet block. The point is people have paid for the use of these facilities and should expect them to be clean and tidy. Unfortunately not all people are clean and tidy so for those who use the facilities it's something they will have to suffer. There's no chance of educating those who wont abide by the rules and no, it's not the wardens fault they are dirty, they have a thankless job at times being in a no win situation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hear what you say LB, Trouble is their appear to more people than ever , who do not have the faintist idea what a toilet brush is for,personal hygene means nothing, either in the shower or toilet.
I think their should be more posters on display illustrating this problem.
They could replace all those speeding signs ,and which way to cycle round the site, as nobody appears to read them.

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
Funny thing was that of course the kiddys are of school but there was a young lad on a battery motorised scooter having a whale of a time , he was actually going the right way around the site, he was wearing a helmet , elbow pads and gloves and guess what,, the wardens stopped him and told him he couldn't do that ! I was gutted,, it was nice to see him having so much fun, ,, what a shame! BUt by the same token there were two families further up the site who caused a few noise problems (get the picture,, a big guy who wasn't a stranger to a fry up and liked a drink) was seen literally staggering and stumbling out of the toilet block around 6ish barely able to walk (must have been the heat) and get in his Kia and drive back up to his caravan to continue his barbie and a few cans of Stella, Still I suppose the wardens had the little lads safety in mind when they banned him.
Stopped him from being a stain of the front of a Kia!
Slightly off topic but who cares.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts