Park foot Ullswater

May 6, 2008
Visit site
I am looking at going to the Lakes in the first week of September and have found this site advertised in a caravan book ( Park foot Ullswater ) , has anybody stayed here if so how far is it to walk to Pooley bridge, any other plusses or minuses to the site. I am looking for a fairly quiet site which is clean and tidy.

Thanks

Alan

Jun 25, 2006
Visit site
I stayed there about 2000, but not as a "Caravanner"; just used it as a base whilst at the Sailing Club.

It's not far to walk into PB, but take a torch.

Meals in Clubhouse were ok.

Wasn't on site much apart from sleeping so can't comment on quietness, but was not disturbed at night as far as I can remember.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We stayed the otherside of ullswater at ullswater caravan camping and marine park which was a nice site bit to far to walk to pooley bridge though but this site had a bar and a chip shop on it and a shop it had lovely views over ullswater.

We went for a look around park foot and it looked really busy with a tent field over the road there seemed to be alot of kids running around but it also looked nice and its not a long way in to pooley bridge from there although on a night there is no lighting on the roas back so like chris said you would have to take a torch.

M.H.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

We stayed the otherside of ullswater at ullswater caravan camping and marine park which was a nice site bit to far to walk to pooley bridge though but this site had a bar and a chip shop on it and a shop it had lovely views over ullswater.

We went for a look around park foot and it looked really busy with a tent field over the road there seemed to be alot of kids running around but it also looked nice and its not a long way in to pooley bridge from there although on a night there is no lighting on the roas back so like chris said you would have to take a torch.

M.H.
We stayed there once a long time ago and it WAS very busy, also the toilets had a lot of mud and grass in them (it was quite wet when we stayed) We haven't been since as there are sites which we prefer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts