parking sensor fault

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi All

Last week i had a fuse blow in the car,which affected the windows mirrors interior lighting etc.

Found the blown fuse and replaced it,and all fine,but for the reverse parking sensors.

Put it into reverse and no noise (beep beep)but on inspecting the little black box in the rear light cluster with a 12v tester, I have power to the unit and I have power to the buzzer.

The sensors are "called Auto watch" I have had a look in the book that came with the car but this isn't really telling me anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Al.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Put the car in reverse ie ignition on, engine NOT running to activate them and get your ear right down next to each sensor (though not directly in front) and if they are working you may just be able to hear then "ticking".

This is a good trick if you have one in the set that's failed but don't know which it is as by listening to each one its an easy job then to find the one that's silent. I did exactly this when one of mine failed on my BMW. It saved a costly trip to the garage to get the codes read as I got a new one off eBay and fitted it myself!

The catch? Whether it works for all types of parking sensor I don't know but it might tell you if they are working but the buzzer isn't.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello All

Thanks for your replys,

No the sensors are wired to the reversing light circuit,but couldnt understand why I had reversing lights still comming on,and nothing from the sensors.

Also got on hands and knees with ignition up and listened for the ticking from the sensors,and all was fine.

Finally found where the buzzer was installed and my son took it to work and tested it,and was found not to be working,a new one was ordered and now fitted and working.

Thanks again guys.

Al

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts