Parks in the South Lakes and Surrounding Area

May 15, 2005
Visit site
hi there, Can anyone suggest some parks in the South Lakes and surrounding areas that are nice, good for families, with hardstand pitches. We are also interested to know if any offer the facility to leave your caravan there for a week or two at a nominal charge if you are using it at the weekend on their site, and any that offer seasonal pitches, an idea of any costs would be helpful too!

The reason for South Lakes is we share a caravan with my parents they love the lake district as I do too however my wife , children and I would like to visit other ares for day trips eg: Blackpool, Chester, Manchester so easy access to the M6 motorway would be grate. Cheers in advance! Andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Caravan Club have a site at Meathop Fell nr. Grange over Sands which has excellent facilities.It is also only 15mins.drive from the M6 so you have the opportunity of driving to other places.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
try the Butter Flowers camp site in Haverigg 40 mins from Windermeer on the coast with a beautiful beach 50yds from the gates phone 01229 772880 .Haverigg is a great place to live but then I`ve been here for 58yrs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts