Parksy our Moderator

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dear fellow forumites, ladies and gentlemen, it is with the saddest of hearts I learnt today that our moderator Parksy (Steve Parkes) passed away in the early hours of last Thursday.
For those of us that had the privilege to meet Parksy you will know what a true gentlemen he was, his honesty fairness and compassion were among his best asset's, this is a gentleman that will be sorely missed in this world, and of course on this forum.
Our love and sympathy goes out to Carol and his family.
R.I.P Parksy.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Very sad news indeed. I admired Parksy’s way with words. He could defuse the most complex issues in a way that would not offend anyone, but his intent was quite clear. He will be sadly missed. My condolences to his wife and family at this difficult time.

Reactions: Gagakev

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Very, very sad. We had the privilege of Caravanning with him and Carol on more than one occasion. We have lost a friend, a kind, gentle and down to earth man, a joy to be with. Will miss him.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A very very sad time indeed. Steve has been a personal friend of all the Woosies for many years. He and Carol were part of our Woosie Family. Mindful he was a Moderator he would not become an official Woosie rather we all made him a Lifetime Honorary Woosie.
He always held a very unbiased , impartial sensible head in his Moderating dealings and I know he spent a considerable number of hours looking after things for PCv.
A real gemstone who was such a pleasure and fun to be with.
Will miss you Steve
Dusty.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh Gosh, What a shock. We knew from one of his last posts he wasn't well, but he gave no indication it was so serious. I offer my most heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Steve and I had some quite detailed private chats over the years.

I, and I am sure many others will miss his moderation on this forum.

RIP Steve.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Very very sad news:(

He will be totally irreplaceable on this forum.
He stamped his personality over many years being absolutely fair with his mediation with no favouritism. I met him several times, liked him a lot and got on well with him.
Didn't make any difference ..... I still got chastised for getting things wrong on the forum!
I have several photos of Steve taken at various caravanning meets over the years.....one shows Steve relaxing in the Sun outside his caravan at a Practical Caravan rally.
It's how I will remember Steve.

Heart felt condolences to Carole and family.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A big shock as only inquired about him 2- 3 weeks ago, We have had the privilege of personally meeting him. He will be missed. Condolences to the family. :cry:

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
So sorry to read this. My only interactions with Parksy were through this forum, but he was always helpful and courteous and was a pleasure to know, even if only electronically.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts