Party Tent for Easter meet

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Just getting things finalised now.

Lol said in a previous posting that Argos sell a party tent 6m x 3m for £80.

Are people happy to contribute towards the cost? At the time of writing we have 12 units so it would be £80 divided by 12.

Please answer YES or NO.

Are people happy to go with a majority vote? Please answer YES or NO.

If so, Lol, are you ok to buy it? would you like us to post cheques to you before Easter or are you ok to wait till the meet for us to pay you?

Roy has a tent 13ft x 14ft, would people prefer to use that?

Which ever option people prefer, we will need people to bring along tables and chairs.

Replies please.

Thanks.

Lisa.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have spoken to Roy tonight and he is going to ring the site tomorrow to enquire about electrical supply for the tent/party tent. I thought we might need heaters, I have a blow heater and halogen heater.

We do need to consider lighting and heating. I have some four gang extension cables which I always have in my caravan. I have a couple of table lamps too which we can use.

He will post on here tomorrow the reply he gets from the campsite. Steve has kindly offered his generator if we are unable to obtain an electrical supply.

Lisa.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, I'm happy to pay towards a party tent,am also happy to go with the majority vote. If we decide to use Roys tent I,m hoping to arrive early on friday although because of the distance I can't guarantee that. I think with enough of us helping it would be up in no time. Most of us should have table and chairs so shoudn't be a problem.

What about BBQ's? can bring ours but as veggies wouldn't want to do the meat thing ;-(

Lol, if your paying will you take my big bottle of 2p's ?

Brian (",)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, I'm happy to pay towards a party tent,am also happy to go with the majority vote. If we decide to use Roys tent I,m hoping to arrive early on friday although because of the distance I can't guarantee that. I think with enough of us helping it would be up in no time. Most of us should have table and chairs so shoudn't be a problem.

What about BBQ's? can bring ours but as veggies wouldn't want to do the meat thing ;-(

Lol, if your paying will you take my big bottle of 2p's ?

Brian (",)
2p or not 2p that is the question.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would be happy to buy the party tent if that is decided on. Like Brian We should be arriving early on Friday, so that will be when the tent will go up, hopefully in time to greet some of the party. As for the money, it will be easier to collect on site.

Brian, you can pay any way you like, you know I'll take the p's any time of the day!

We have a small (but perfectly formed) charcoal BBQ, which we can bring too.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I have just spoken to the receptionist at the site, who informs me that the electrical supply for the tent can be taken from the hook up posts that we will be using for the caravans.

She said that there are 4 sockets per post so there should be enough to spare.

She also said that what normally happens is that they just use an extension lead from the supply to the tent/marquee, which is a bit worrying so I will bring my EHU lead from my carry on camping days, which has MCB and RCD protection.

Roy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just spoken to the receptionist at the site, who informs me that the electrical supply for the tent can be taken from the hook up posts that we will be using for the caravans.

She also said that what normally happens is that they just use an extension lead from the supply to the tent/marquee, which is a bit worrying so I will bring my EHU lead from my carry on camping days, which has MCB and RCD protection.

Roy
Nice one Roy.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site

Roy
forgot to add that I would be happy to chip in for the party tent.........................................................................now where's that funny money

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello campers 8o)

Have you realised it's less than 4 weeks to go.

We have been planning this since September the 26th, and it's nearly here.

So get your votes and idea's in now, before it's too late!

Remember, if Carlsberg did meets, they would do this one!

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
There are still a few who haven't said whether they are willing to chip in for the party tent yet.

Answers on a postcard please

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Time share opportunity
9661706.jpg

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Don't laugh Brian, you're Chief Puteruperer.
Monte Carlo is like being in the City of London but with a bit of sun and sea.

+ A few pretty people and fancy motors and that's it.

You lot, and a few Caravans and the locals who live there would be squeezed out ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts