Paternal Leave

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
G

Talking of customer care you really need to see a supermarket in Hungary, and yes, they do have T...o, but it sure ain't like what you may have at home, apart from the logo and the 'Extra' bit. There are no 'own brand ' items at all, and the meat department only sells pork, miles of it. And hopefully you like your meat in large chunks, cos that is what you get. Of course T...o make huge profits here cos it is cheap labour.

The best one is a Company called M...h, just in case the full name is not allowed. The assistants usually wear socks and backless slippers and are of the greater than 50 age group. The uniforms must have been designed in the Soviet era. They love to talk to each other while working, and of course ignore you. They have black and white screens for the checkout. These are so faded that you cannot read them. Of course not speaking Hungarian is no excuse. There are usually separate weighing areas for vegetables. Of course they use numbers to identify the goods, not pictures. If you have more than one item you had better remember ALL your numbers, or it is back to the back of the queue for you. If by chance you arrive at checkout without weighing something the checkout operator just stops, throws the item at you and folds her arms and waits. Says nothing. You have to fight your way back through the queue behind you, go and get it weighed yourself and then return. The checkout operator is still standing, arms folded, and the queue is even longer. If you try to find the correct change for paying they usually get fidgety and fluster you until you just give them a large note anyway. You then get a pile of small coins which weigh down your pocket. Of course, bags are not provided and it can be quite amusing watching tourists trying to stuff a basket load of goods in their pockets. It is also the only supermarket chain where they check your bag on the way in, just in case you know.

Ah, the fun and games. Patience is a virtue. The upside is the wine is about a

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Frank, i expect you shop at waitrose?

And Colin, socks , shorts and sandles don't work. Saw you today!

Again at Elaines till. Think i will have to tell Mena!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Diane,

No Waitrose in Prague, biggest store is " every little helps " followed by Lidl and Aldi !!!!.

As SL says the service is B****y awful.

Frank

May 29, 2007
Visit site
OMG! I am so dead!

No M&S in prague? No Asda? And no Morrisons? Surely these must be there, They even have these (No Morrison or Tesco Jewish/Arab thing) in Saudi

May 12, 2006
Visit site
M&S yes,

Two or Three of them in Prague.

Maybe you could get a transfer to " every little helps" tell your management you have it from a good source the service in Prague is c**p

Val & Frank

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Really dose'nt suprise me.LOL my ex store manager went there for 6 months he is now a manager of a store that takes 1k aweek!

Every Penny helps!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Diane,

Spent two and a half years in the US, Mississippi even it's all Wal-Mart or Winn-Dixie down South with a few Krogers thrown in for good measure, Americas fun. Got stopped for speeding by the Highway Patrol. Because my licence was paper and foreign he just said " Follow me down to the Sherrifs Office" to sort this out" I was duly relieved of $100 on the spot fine.

Mind you I claimed it back on expenses because I was in a hurry to get to work !!!! how times have changed.

Frank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts