paying the price !

Jun 3, 2005
Visit site
does anyone else feel the same about having to pay for a young child on a site. we were recently charge 3.00 a night for our four year old, i dont mind paying per adult and for the pitch, but why for a child who is only just 4. i can understand if they are in a pup tent paying for that, the site only had a few items of play equipment that was to large for her to use, so what we we paying for.

i like to point out that the showers were charged seperatly and she uses the facilities in the van for bathroom needs.

????

Jul 6, 2005
Visit site
The thing that i dont understand is why they charge extra if the child is over 12,what extra cost are they going to incur if they are over 12?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is no reason other than they can. At the end of the day you have to look at the whole cost of the pitch and decide is it value for you taking into account location, season, facilities etc.

They could be charging a small pitch fee and then extras for everything else, whilst another site could have just an all in inclusive high fee irrespective of how many people use it etc.

At the end of the day you have a choice and you don't have to give them your business.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We don't have kids but we have dogs and if a site charges per dog, per shower, per awning, etc we just give them a miss. Their loss, not ours! As for kids, don't forget they breath the air so carefully nutured by the site owners.

Jun 3, 2005
Visit site
Not this old chestnut again, this was discussed at length just a couple of weeks ago ............move on please.
sorry!

but as we are new to caravaning we never read this topic weeks ago.

spare a thought for the new comers eh!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Yes Kanga behave.!

Simpsons I see what you are saying,but I have 3 kids and before my van we had to pay extortianate amounts,due to the fact that a family is usually classed as 2+2 and we had to have two rooms or find the ladt remaining family room! Since the caravan we,ve had hols in places we could never have afforded,each morining spent at our own pace,getting ready etc....I personally think

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simpsons

If you wanted to see the thoughts from the other thread on this subject, go to page 6 of the General section. The thread is called 'Is it just me!!' It may migrate to page 7 in the near future.

Welcome to the forum.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
if Kanga gets his way anyone who is classed as a child should get in free!!! even if he /her is over 30,40,50, that way only us OAP will be footing the bill

Jun 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simpsons

If you wanted to see the thoughts from the other thread on this subject, go to page 6 of the General section. The thread is called 'Is it just me!!' It may migrate to page 7 in the near future.

Welcome to the forum.
thanks for a friendly answer , we will take a look now we know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts