PCV June issue

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yet ANOTHER couple of howlers in your favourite caravan magazine.

Page 14 - "My getaway is.... The New Forest"

Fordingbridge does NOT stand on the River Stour, it stands on the River Avon and the confluence of Ashford Water. For two people who claim to be locals to the area this is as bad as someone from North London referring to the Rover Lee when it is the River Lea.

The Stour and the Avon come together in the Christchurch area and flow out through Christchurch Harbour into the sea.

Page 57 - Magic Numbers

The cost for putting your number on retention is £105.00 but it is then only £25.00 for each subsequent year NOT £105.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear Vic,

Hope you are well. Thanks for letting us know about those errors.

I'll pass the details on for a correction in the July issue.

Regards

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
To Practical Caravan

In a previous issure there was a write up on a pair of training shoes, water proof, low level walking shoes.. Addidas I think, I contacted the makers, they were not in the country, do you know if they are now available and from where???

G

'Favourite magazine'????

I don't think so. Gave it up a few years back as it was too full of articles written by people who did not know what they were talking about. Giving test reports of outfits where the tow car would never be used safely in real life, showing kitchens that were never used, and compounding the report by stating they ate 'at the pub'. If I wish a biased advert for one of the UK manufacturers then I can easily get one elsewhere.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
To Practical Caravan

In a previous issure there was a write up on a pair of training shoes, water proof, low level walking shoes.. Addidas I think, I contacted the makers, they were not in the country, do you know if they are now available and from where???
Try emailing the editorial team

practical.caravan@haymarket.com

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Scotch Lad,

Thanks for your comments.

Please rest assured that all our writers tow their vans, live in the vans and cook in the vans (although they are not averse to the odd pub meal...)

Mark Bigualt is at the Quiet Site near Ullswater this week, Mark and Alyson towed to Delft, Amsterdam and Rotterdam with an Abbey Expression two weeks ago and Aly is off again, to Devon next week. I'm off to the Cambridge beer festival in a couple of weekends time and Stacie is planning a trip to Weston Super-Mare with her family as I write this.

Regardless of your criticism, there is no other magazine in this market with staff writers (as opposed to freelance writers) who actually use the caravans.

Regards

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

spardoe

Administrator
May 12, 2010
Visit site
To Practical Caravan

Hi Richard,

I think the shoes you are referring to are the Hi-Tec Radar II Event which featured in the April issue. For local retail stockists call 01702 541 771 or you can buy them direct from www.hi-tecdirect.co.uk

Please get back to us if you are still having problems.

Best wishes

Stacie Pardoe

Practical Caravan

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Why Scotchlad if you think the magazine is such a load of **** do you bother coming on the forum,or if the writing is so bad in your opinion why not put your money where your mouth is and become a tester

TRENDING THREADS