pdq excel awning

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi,we've had for 10 months for detached it from the van over winter.We have got the 3.5 mtre we had a few leaks at first,but when spoke to Pyramid about the PDQ,they said it had to weather and maybe put some tent rainproof protector on it.We have put the proofer on & touch wood no more leaks.We always put the storm straps on as well,as boy has the wind whipped up suddenly.We have it for extra storage.Seen that some people really slated the PDQ,but being a female even I can get it down and up into the bag no problems.

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi,we've had for 10 months for detached it from the van over winter.We have got the 3.5 mtre we had a few leaks at first,but when spoke to Pyramid about the PDQ,they said it had to weather and maybe put some tent rainproof protector on it.We have put the proofer on & touch wood no more leaks.We always put the storm straps on as well,as boy has the wind whipped up suddenly.We have it for extra storage.Seen that some people really slated the PDQ,but being a female even I can get it down and up into the bag no problems.
cheers denise,

sold

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
We have the small one yet to try it out. I think i need to locate it secure on the rail over the load centre of gravity because I have a twin axle and it may affect the nose weight.Also I wonder how we stand with the law now I will have increased the width of the van when towing . Any advise please

tash

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
We purchased one of the PDQ awnings this year, we have the 3.5m, and it was a great success, easy up, easy down and lots of room.

The only advice I would like is about keeping it on the van, before we bought it we were told that the bag would let in water.

We are out in our van both winter and summer, so didnt realy want to remove the bag, but remembering what that chap said I checked ours tonight, and sure enough, there was quite a lot of water in the bag

So at the moment we have the awning up, weather is promising, so it will dry,.. the inside of the bag is moldy, but nothing on the awning, so clearly we have to do something.

....any ideas, as we use the van often we dont really want to remove it from the rail, we have even thought of putting a sheet over the caravan to take in the awning bag, and will probably do that if there are no ideas coming from you good people

Stuart

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
No answer other than to remove the awning if storing in rain, I'm afraid.

We have the same problem with a Spacelite. I could see that it was very likely to let water into the bag via the stitching, so I borrowed a special tool and made an additional 'feed' point in the awning rail at the top/front.

Now it's a doddle just to slip the awning on the van before travelling (or even on arrival at a site) and just as easy to pull it off again when we get home.

Mildew will spread like wildfire!! - use very dilute bleach (Milton fluid is good) and carefully clean the affected area on the bag. You will kill the spores, but never remove all the staining - but at least it won't ruin the awning itself.

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
No answer other than to remove the awning if storing in rain, I'm afraid.

We have the same problem with a Spacelite. I could see that it was very likely to let water into the bag via the stitching, so I borrowed a special tool and made an additional 'feed' point in the awning rail at the top/front.

Now it's a doddle just to slip the awning on the van before travelling (or even on arrival at a site) and just as easy to pull it off again when we get home.

Mildew will spread like wildfire!! - use very dilute bleach (Milton fluid is good) and carefully clean the affected area on the bag. You will kill the spores, but never remove all the staining - but at least it won't ruin the awning itself.
Thank you Sidney, we will get to the spores tomorrow, once its dried, we certainly dont want it to spread.

I dont suppose you know the name of the `special tool` you mentioned to make the new feed in the rail,.. now thats a great idea

Stuart

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts