pea shingle

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I think it really depends on what type of ground sheet you are using. If its the breathable type with holes, you made find the shingle comes through. On the other hand, if it's the woven type you would'nt have any problems. Personally I would go without a ground sheet with gravel.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It would all depend on the use the awning was being put to. If you have a toddler for example, who is using it as a play room, then I think a cushioned ground sheet would be best. The same applies if you want to walk round the awning bare footed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We put a breathable down on all surfaces. Easier on the feet and helps to clean/dry your shoes before reaching the caravan door. The kids can play on it in greater comfort and the dog has an easier time. Saves scratching the paint on any chair and table feet as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we used a breatable ground sheet (the soft type) but when in spain earlyer this year the pitch was covered in what i thought was quartz chippings which just made holes in it so we have now treated our selves to a bolon made by isabella and we are very pleased with it.it is also breatable we ussaly use this as it keeps the van cleaner cheers pete

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
We would always cover the floor of the awning. I do not like my awning floor to be a mixture of stone chippings and cigarette ends. Why do smokers think that cigarette ends are not rubbish?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts