Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Nigel,

You promised us a detailed write up of your new fleet van the 554.

I have not seen one yet and the impression I get is that you and your staff are not impressed.

I have had one since January and I have not had a thing wrong with it and generally I am "over the moon" with it. Not many people choose this layout and I am wondering why.

Look forward to your comments. Great mag by the way.

Bri.

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Bri

Thanks for the post. We've still got the 554, but there have been mixed reviews from the different members of the team.

I am impressed with the construction and think the van is very well specified. In fact, none of the team really has a problem with the 'Pegasus' stuff.

The main gripe is layout specific and regards the bed itself. Pull the bed up into the daybed position and the duvet needs storing somewhere. With limited underbed storage available, it's easier to leave the bed down, and that means you don't really get the benefit. As with all layouts however, if it works for the person using it, it doesn't matter!

A full write up is still on the cards and will appear shortly. the 2011 model caravans arrived early and it has taken up a lot of review space.

If you want a more detailed set of feedback on the van, I'll get the team to jot down their findings and send them on. There will likely be a comparative test shortly too as Lunar and Swift have exciting new transverse island bed caravans on the cards for 2011, all taking a different approach to stowing the bed.

Regards

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
why has bailey gone back to a box shaped caravan not very fuel saving shape it remindes me of the 70's sprite you knew the cheap vans and which were the more expensive ones

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
If they are aerodynamic that's good enough for me as I think the shape is great.....but then it's down to personal opinion.

Keith

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts