Pembrey Country Park, Llanelli

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Shirley

We live not far from Pembrey and often take the caravan there for one night because it is such a gorgeous site. I must say that it is probably one of the nicest CC sites i have been to. The pitches are well spaced and only a few are overlooked. We took my son and his friend last year and they didnt get bored for the whole weekend. We often dont use the car once there as the site is located so close to the ski slope, tobogans and beach. When we visited last however the ground was very hard and as it is so close to the beach the pitch can be sandy so rock pegs are advised.

Hope this helps

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Going a little further in respect to Ian's reply - the site and surrounding open air activities in the country park and the beach are first class - provided you have fine weather as there is nothing on offer on the site or the park should it be raining. One other thing is, if possible, take pushbikes with you as there are some fantastic, virtually flat, cycle rides there. Also if you are into horse riding this is on offer close by. The other thing not mentioned is there is an active model engineering club in the park and they have an outdoor rail layout for rides for the young/not so young enthusiast.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
We went earlier in the year and there is lots to do, horse riding(and cross country course if you`re up to that standard), great beach, decent cafe/restaurant,ski slope/toboggan run, 9 hole golf, lots of walking/cycling etc.

BUT, be aware if you want anything, newspaper, bread for instance, its a drive to Burry Port.

We enjoyed it until the Friday night when the `regulars` invaded, when it became noisy with kids/dogs/bikes running rampant, loud music/partying until nearly 2a.m, thats after the whinging by the `regulars` that people had set up on `their` pitches (well I`d been there all week so tough s***)

Would I go again? Definately, but I`d leave on Friday!

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Angus...... At a CC site, dogs and kids running wild, partying until 2.00am, loud music. It should be you saying the famous words not me.

I don't believe it.

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
I class myself as a regular. I have never encountered loud music or or partying until the early hours. A nd if I did I would be the first to complain.

If the kids enjoy the outdoors this site is superb,as mentioned bikes are a must,also if the weather is kind the beach is superb.

Andrew

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
I live here.

brilliant country park alongside cc site.

many visitors use the country park for summer season check with park visitor centre.

area is totally unspoilt with no commercial rip off joints.

Burryport has a marina, lifeboat station where you are welcome to visit and meet the crew.should you be lucky enough to bring your boat no problem free launching.

thouroughly rec either country park or ccpark.100s acres of free access countryside"charge for car entry to park"

totally magic.

oakwood park similer to alton towers only 45mins away.

castles,rivers,forests, red kites what more do you want?

beach is 10 miles long and is a blue flag. patroled by lifeguards. good wind surfing, sailing,fishing "bass a speciality"

Come on down and have a good stay.

H.

May 18, 2007
Visit site
We stayed at the Pembrey Park CC site a couple of years ago.It was the time when my duaghter started walking so she had great fun exploring the site !!

A very good and spacious site with direct access to the Country park.A good point was made about it being at least 2 miles from nearest shop - may not sound far but my car had broken down and was stuck without transport for a couple of days.

Our main concern was not the site but the area - eating out was terrible for adults not to mention children.Struggled to find anywhere that sold decent food that didn't include some sort of nuggets or sausages.

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
there are plenty of eateries the airfield only two miles is ace kids and all. Sunday dinner brill.OH dont worry airfield only has 4 light aircraft its not heathrow!

numerous pubs are very good The SHIP AGROUND,Ashburnam are well recomended also some good sit down chinese indian and chipies.a well attended restraunt in the country park.You can cycle to all shops on the millenium cycle path no cars and along the sea shore

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
This all sounds good. We are going tothe CC site in the Easter school hols. We can't carry enough bikes for all of us. Is there cycle hire nearby?

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mel

You can hire bikes from the dry ski slope,about a 15 min walk from site.

We are there at some time over easter. Keep an eye out for a yellow pirhana windsock with welsh dragon below.

Andrew

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Prembrey is a lovely site with so much to do i wouldnt hesitate going back.

The park is great lots of walks,cycling,golf and of course the ski slope which is a bit expensive and can get busy.Lovely big beach and very easy to fly a kite.

The site/area is an old munitions factory with lots of tunnels and things to explore.

The youths at night let off some fireworks in the tunnels at night but nowhere near the site.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the info. We'll watch out for you jack. We are the lot arguing over how to put an awning up. Easter school hols for Derbyshire are not at easter, but start on 4/7. Might still catch you though.

TRENDING THREADS