Pet travel abroad

Sep 1, 2006
Visit site
We are looking for a campsite somewhere in the Loire region of France. We are looking for one that can arrange vet appointments for the dogs to return to the Uk. Any suggestions welcome.

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Hello Jon.

Are you looking for a vet in the Loire area or one nearer to the ferry? If the latter, which port will you be using?

I ask because I can reccomend the vet we have used or pass on one or two other names we have been given by friends.

Olivier.

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Hello again Jon

As you will probably know, to bring the dogs back into the UK, their treatment must have been administered more than 24 hours previously but less than 48 hours so to reduce the chance of mad panic timing the journey to the ferry, we always make our last stopover reasonably close to the ferry ports.

So if its any help, here are the vets we and friends have used. If you require a vet in the Loire region, most campsite managers will already have dealt with the request and thus be able to make suggestions plus, there is a French equivalent of Yellow Pages which may help.

Have a good holiday.

Olivier.

BRITANNY

Vincent Goovaerts et Jo

Sep 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi Oliver

Thanks for info. We travel at 9am sunday so need to get dogs seen on the Friday prior, we didnt want to spend 2 or 3 nights in calais hence wanting a vet in loire. Thanks for your time anyway.

Regards Jon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jon

Camping De La Touche, in the Loire will arange the vet for you, and it's a lovely site to stay on your way home or for even longer

Hope this helps, Happy Holiday

Carol

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having just returned from that area with our dog,we recommend Le chant d'oiseau, near Saurmur (website www.loire-gites.com) Lovely site nice people, and the local vet speaks good English, and understands what the requirements are for your dog to travel safely.Don't take my word for the site, check the website. It's a comfortable seven hours from Dunkerque and Calais,too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts