Peterborough

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What is the Caravan Club site at Peterborough like?

We are looking for an early Spring weekend and understand that this site is in a large estate with a lakeside position. Are my facts correct and is it open all year? Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed there last June, 2 parts to the site 1 with hardstandings open all year & across the road grass pitches with good open spaces & play areas for kids. Site is situated next to Nene valley country park with lots of cycle tracks & easy walks, also a lake with boats windsurfing etc. cycle paths lead into peterborough from site so take bikes & leave car on site, we really enjoyed our stay.

Oct 7, 2004
Visit site
We go there at least once a month in the summer. It is lovely. There is a lake where you can hire canoes etc, lots of cycle paths, lovely pitches some set well back around a childrens play area. Rabbits everywhere. A Fish and chip van on a Fri and Sat. I Strongly recommend it.

Oct 7, 2004
Visit site
We go there at least once a month in the summer. It is lovely. There is a lake where you can hire canoes etc, lots of cycle paths, lovely pitches some set well back around a childrens play area. Rabbits everywhere. A Fish and chip van on a Fri and Sat. I Strongly recommend it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony, Book early as this site can get fully booked at weekends and school holidays,five mins walk from Ferry Meadows which contains large man made lakes that feed of the river nene,loads cycle paths and bird life.Steam trains run past the site at weekends. you can cycle or walk into Peterborough along landscaped traffic free footpaths.

We use this site a lot during the year Roy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony, we been to Ferry Meadows few time and love it plenty of walk round the lakes, good for dogs and plenty for kids to do, steam train run beside the site, have aday on the train or play golf just up the road from the site, plenty of night life in peterorough if you are a night owl, so much going on and round peterorough, good luck, Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi tony we used to there a lot when my son was younger it was his faverote site so much to do learnig to wind surf etc and lovley walks we haven't been for some time now he's 40, and has children of his own we always enjoyed our stay ,must get round to going back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bonfire weekend is a good time to go as there is a massive bonfire and display in the country park with lots going on but you will need to book early.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies. All replies are telling me what I wanted to hear, we will give it a try. We enjoy the activities which the site has to offer.

Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts