Pets on tour!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 12, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys! How do you teach your dog to keep calm while traveling? It is 1 year old already and I didn't have the chance to teach him that while he was a puppy. It doesn't want to sit in the car

Oct 5, 2021
Visit site
I have a dog and a cat. They get along great with each other! Probably because they grew up together. When our twins were five years old, they wanted to bring pets. One a cat and the other a dog. So we reconciled them both. If you're wondering how a cat and a dog can share a bowl, simple. As a general rule, a cat doesn't share anything with a cat or even a dog. But if they've been living together since they were babies, the situation is much different. But here I have a question. If our cat and dog share a bowl since they grew up together. But can 2 cats eat from the same bowl?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys! How do you teach your dog to keep calm while traveling? It is 1 year old already and I didn't have the chance to teach him that while he was a puppy. It doesn't want to sit in the car
You just need patience and rewards. Take him out near to the car and sit down. Then move him around it. then open a rear door, etc etc. Depending on the dog it can take quite a while but slowly does it with patience and rewards. My father had dog that got violently sick eve by the car, but six months later the pooh was daed keen to jump in and get going.Vets ca give anti anxiety medication to calm the dog if it is too anxious. We had Red Setter and she was on more Largactil than some humans, but it didn't take long to sort her out for travelling. didn't stop her biting the vet though !!! That came about by moving home to Devon, but between us we got her sorted.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our dog is fine in the car, but seems to know exactly where we are going. And starts to whine as we get within 1/4 mile of arrival. At over maybe 10 different places, ranging from a 15 minute journey to 3 hours.

Reactions: Fraseb01
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a dog and a cat. They get along great with each other! Probably because they grew up together. When our twins were five years old, they wanted to bring pets. One a cat and the other a dog. So we reconciled them both. If you're wondering how a cat and a dog can share a bowl, simple. As a general rule, a cat doesn't share anything with a cat or even a dog. But if they've been living together since they were babies, the situation is much different. But here I have a question. If our cat and dog share a bowl since they grew up together. But can 2 cats eat from the same bowl?
Years ago we had a dog called Sam [Parsons Jack Terrier] a smashing dog but not great on his own. After speaking with the vet it was suggested to get a pal for him. He was six months old, so we decided on a kitten from a farm. With guidance from the vet we introduced Toby to Sam, in the end their friendship lasted the whole of their lives, Sam became 'like a mum' to the kitten then his best mate. When Sam was taken for a walk then Toby joined his mate [we came in a distant second in the pecking order of their friendship]. They never shared a bowl so would ask a vet about 'sharing a bowl' we found ours a great deal of help to make the right choices to move things forward. Now we have two dogs 'best friends' but meal times mean far apart and separate dishes.............

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Years ago we had a dog called Sam [Parsons Jack Terrier] a smashing dog but not great on his own. After speaking with the vet it was suggested to get a pal for him. He was six months old, so we decided on a kitten from a farm. With guidance from the vet we introduced Toby to Sam, in the end their friendship lasted the whole of their lives, Sam became 'like a mum' to the kitten then his best mate. When Sam was taken for a walk then Toby joined his mate [we came in a distant second in the pecking order of their friendship]. They never shared a bowl so would ask a vet about 'sharing a bowl' we found ours a great deal of help to make the right choices to move things forward. Now we have two dogs 'best friends' but meal times mean far apart and separate dishes.............
We have never let our dogs or cats share food bowls. Mainly for health hygiene reasons as we don’t want them sharing bugs or parasites if it can be avoided. It also makes it easier to change their individual diets for health or weight reasons.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have never let our dogs or cats share food bowls. Mainly for health hygiene reasons as we don’t want them sharing bugs or parasites if it can be avoided. It also makes it easier to change their individual diets for health or weight reasons.
Hi otherclive did you read what we put down in #39 both our dogs don"t share a bowl and eat quite separately .

TRENDING THREADS