Phantom Tracker

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
I have just picked up my replacement caravan and have had the Phantom tracker fitted.The GPS runs on the Vodaphone network and they cant locate my van outside my house do to poor signal.They say it will poll every 3 mins so if it does get stolen it will tell them when signal stronger.Has anyone else had this type of problem as they didnt mention this when we were looking.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mikey, I've just had my Phantom replaced as the old one was not being received . I was told it was because of a bad signal but they would send an engimeer to check anyway. It turned out to be faulty and they fitted a new one , all ok now. The system was out of warrenty but was replaced free of charge. I think its worth getting them back to check. Brian (",)

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi Mikey, I've just had my Phantom replaced as the old one was not being received . I was told it was because of a bad signal but they would send an engimeer to check anyway. It turned out to be faulty and they fitted a new one , all ok now. The system was out of warrenty but was replaced free of charge. I think its worth getting them back to check. Brian (",)
Hi Brian thanks for replying,they can get a signal from the tracker but cant get a location,they have suggested that i take it to another location and set the alarm off.

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi Mikey,

I have a pro active PT on my van. So far so good except that the leisure battery has gone flat on 2 occasions and the system has not given a "power down" signal to the control room- bit worrying when you have paid good money for van and tracker! So its off to the site every 2 weeks to check the battery level! On asking why it hadn't given a signal, they said its not unusual- not very satisfactory is it?

Jul 6, 2006
Visit site
I read with some concern that a couple of people have concerns about the Phantom unit. I would be happy to help you. Please email me on mark@phantom.uk.net or respond to this message. Cheers.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Thanks Mark

Tracker concerns have been sorted.Any concerns with your own Tracker dont hesistate to contact him he is very helpful.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi Adrian

I dont know really as my van was stolen too and we had to have one fitted to get insurance on the new van.If alarm goes off the helpdesk phone us within minutes to check if all ok so would like to think if gets stolen we would be able to track it pretty quickly.

Mar 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Adrian

I dont know really as my van was stolen too and we had to have one fitted to get insurance on the new van.If alarm goes off the helpdesk phone us within minutes to check if all ok so would like to think if gets stolen we would be able to track it pretty quickly.
mmm... will have a look into one of these. Anyone recomend a supplier?

Adrian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts