Phantom

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
We've ordered our new caravan after our last one was stolen by some worthless, scummy members of the travelling community (oops, sorry, did I say that out loud!!)

Anyway, we are having the new one fitted with the Phantom Tracker Pro-Active. We've heard good reports about trackers in general and Phantom boast a 100% success rate in recovering your caravan should it be stolen.

I was just wondering however, if anyone on the forum had personal experience of one and what their opinions were.

Jane

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Jane

Had a car stolen once, thieves broke into the house and pinched the keys for my then brand new Audi. Fortunatly it had been fitted with Tracker and was discovered in a lock up about 4 miles from my house within 2 hours of me reporting it.

They do work.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
I think you are being very inconsiderate to the local thieves . As I understand the law you mustn't do anything that interfers with them going about their business.

May I suggest you remove all anti theft devices and ensure all keys are left permanently in the locks so as to assist them to move your van as quickly as possible with the least possible interferance .

May 12, 2005
Visit site
I have the phantom tracker plus the movement switch fitted to my caravan, LMC 520HTE, it has never been stolen, but on occasions throughout the country we have set out and failed to switch the movement alarm off, on every occasion our mobile has rung, with the phantom company asking if we were with our van, and when asked they told us our exact position, I feel totaly confident in the product and the company.

good luck TONY A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The tracker system with motion sensors is excellent and in the end is worth the money especially if CC offer 20% discount if fitted.

My only concern relates to a posting on this forum several months back when a caravan fitted with this device was tracked to a travellers camp and the police did not enter the camp as it was considered too high a risk to the officers to do so. Assuming this posting was true this could be the weak link in the system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts