Photos error in current mag (Issue 436)

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
When you get to page 86 which should be upgrading lights to those containing USB socket the pictures for the second part of the article for upgrading the TV amplifier have been duplicated in error instead of those relating to the text regarding adding USB units.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Having now looked at the magazine further, the report on the Sprite Super Major is also wrong. The weights are far too low, and seem to come from last years standard model and then comments in the text suggest the caravan is longer and heavier than the twin axle versions also wrong. Not sure anybody checked this edition thoroughly enough. You can usually spot a couple of minor wrong points but this edition is far worse.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I guess a number of these things are more difficult to check if people are working remotely, I would expect that the 'USB light units' item is a rehash of a pre-pandemic article anyway (like a number of DIY projects over the past years mags!) and of little real significance, but hopefully incorrect weights and dimensions will be corrected in a the next magazine copy.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Having now looked at the magazine further, the report on the Sprite Super Major is also wrong. The weights are far too low, and seem to come from last years standard model and then comments in the text suggest the caravan is longer and heavier than the twin axle versions also wrong. Not sure anybody checked this edition thoroughly enough. You can usually spot a couple of minor wrong points but this edition is far worse.
Hi Ray Just checking i am in agreement with you the weights are far to low .

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

Thank you for your feedback on this, and many apologies for the errors that slipped into this issue - we'll be really careful to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again in future.

We've addressed both issues with a clarification on our website - the link is here - and we're going to reprint the relevant part of the article with the correct photos in the issue that we're currently working on (#438 - we didn't have time to get it into #437 due to Christmas/New Year deadlines).

I hope that helps clarify things and apologies once again.

Best wishes to you all - let's hope we can all get out on the road again soon!
Sarah
Editor, Practical Caravan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts