Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Its not the size of the picture but rather the size of the file.
If you want free software that will do the job and much much more, try The Gimp. I would also recommend Faststone which is free but has a significant advantage. If you set your PC such that this prog is your preferred software to view your pics it works with almost any format including Raw for most cameras. When you double click o the file Faststone opens quickly and shows your pic on a black background with the file name and size in green in the top left corner but you can stop this showing if you wish. If you press I (that is i) it will show you the EXIF information of the picture, and if you click right on the picture towards the left side it will take you into a simple editing mode.

For attaching a file you need to go into the picture edit capability and change it to fewer colours. Reduce the number from the usual default of 16.7m to something less until the saved file size is smaller than your destination requires and then attach it.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I use MS Paint on the PC, just select "resize" (circled red below) and then resize to about 25% but also use GIMP as mentioned above, that also has various filters for reducing any "noise" etc on your photos.

mspaint.JPG

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What are you using as your device. If IPhone or IPad this will help.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts