picasso HDI 2.0 90 BHP

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
HI

I wonder if anyone could help me.I have a citroen 2.0 HDI 90 BHP and am considering getting a larger caravan 1150kg (fully loaded)has anyone any experience of towing this weight with the above picasso. i am aware that the 85% weight is correct but am concerned about the power of the 90 bhp.would it be capable of towing comfortably at 60mph.any help would be appreciated as i have had little help from dealers who seem to be obsessed about the weight limit rarther than both factors.

thanks paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Paul,

I have a Picasso 2.0HDi 90 BHP and I tow a Bailey Ranger 460/2 which, if fully laden, would equal 85% (1105 Kg) the kerbweight of the Picc. I would rate the towing as 'satisfctory'. It's not the best tow-car on the road for such a heavy van, but when we bought the car we knew we had to accept a degree of compromise. It would be lovely to tow with a big 4x4 but as we only tow for a few thousand miles per year, that would be a very expensive option. The Piccaso is reliable, economical, comfortable and versatile.

I did a return trip to Yorkshire from Essex a couple of weeks ago with the caravan on the back. We managed to cruise along the A1 and then the M1 at a comfortable 60mph and, when I needed to, I had something in reserve in order to overtake those lorries that travel along at 59mph. We averaged 33mpg with the van on the back and 53mpg driving solo around Yorkshire.

You already know that the Picasso is a comfortable and economical car to drive. I think you will continue to be satisfied with a bigger caravan on the back, as long as you remember the compromise that I outlined above.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with zbungle - this is a first class towcar plenty of power I tow a Bailey Ranger also at 1102kgs but would happily tow up to 1250 without the slightest doubt the Picasso would tow

beautifully. Great car, Great comfort, Great economy but then I

am sure you are aware of that by now.

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi paul I tow Bailey Ranger 5104 with 90hp Picasso great on flat will cruise at 60 no problem,but on hills you need to change down quite a bit. But that asside I am pleased overall with towing capabilities I average 26/28 mpg when towing.

Andrew

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Just aote to let you know, I have been towing a Swift Alowette diamond for the past three years with a Citroen Xantia HDI which has the same engine and have had no problems. The Swift caravan has a Max. gross weight of 1150 Kg.My home is north of Invernes which means I have to encounter the very long and steep Drumossie Brae if i want to travel South and the Xantia pulls no problem.

Meantime i trust my information has been of some help.

Regards,

Bill Gibson

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts