Picket fences

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Last weekend on our site we had what i call "the picket fence brigade". By that i mean those who errect wind breaks in a garden fence style to "ring fence" their pitch. We had a couple of seasonal pitch vans not far from us errect wind breaks behind their vans to create a wall between tourers and seasonal caravans. This i thought was to stop any tourer people walking through the seasonal pitches.

However the very same people who wanted their privacy squose past the wind breaks and noisily trudged through between the tourers.

I have no objections to people taking short cuts so long as they do so respectfully by not gazeing into other peoples vans and also do so quietly.

One thing i would not do and also would not appreciate others doing would be to trundle the loo cassette over other peoples turf. I take our cassette to the disposal on a folding sack truck due to shoulder and elbow operations rendering long distance carrying out of the question. But I use the vehicle access routes so that should there be a minor spillage there should be no nuisence caused to fellow campers.

What experience have you guys and girls had?

Steve L.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I do Frank.

But as I've been on this site for 6 weeks it is quite enlightening to observe certain idiocincracies. (excuse the spelling).

To me it was funny to see all this fence errection just for a weekend. All that wasted effort hammering posts in the ground when the calories could be used up lifting pints of good old Herefordshire cider.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Steve,

This kinda thing hasn't ever bothered me, to be honest, although it also doesn't happen alot.

It's something I avoid at all costs and remind my kids about regularly. Where we pitch on one of our regular sites, there is literally no way to get to the toilet block without walking between vans ie through someone's pitch, unless you walk all the way to reception and back down the other road ! Crazy, but never been bothered by it.

The wind break things does puzzle me though. I don't understand why people want to close themselves off completely, but each to their own I suppose. I've hardly used ours and it's nly ever to keep the breeze away a little when sitting outside. It's a windbeak after all, not a fence.

Cheers,

Alex.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve,

This kinda thing hasn't ever bothered me, to be honest, although it also doesn't happen alot.

It's something I avoid at all costs and remind my kids about regularly. Where we pitch on one of our regular sites, there is literally no way to get to the toilet block without walking between vans ie through someone's pitch, unless you walk all the way to reception and back down the other road ! Crazy, but never been bothered by it.

The wind break things does puzzle me though. I don't understand why people want to close themselves off completely, but each to their own I suppose. I've hardly used ours and it's nly ever to keep the breeze away a little when sitting outside. It's a windbeak after all, not a fence.

Cheers,

Alex.
That is precisely my points.

A little give and take regarding traversing pitches and also using wind breaks for their intended purpose.

Respect and consideration for others is an important attribute to a friendly and discrete atmosphere on any site.

Live and let live I say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts