Pitch sizes

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Just returned from a very nice weekend in teh west country, on arrival at our site, (having pre-booked a TA) we were informed to go round find a pitch, after setting up come back an inform reception what pitch we were on.

All fine and pretty standard, except when we looked round all the big pitches were already taken by some of the smallest outfits we have ever seen, some had so much space we could have put 2 TA's + awnings on the pitch, and to see some of the very small 2 berths pitched on them was pretty funny.

I am not grumbling but making a point that if there are big pitches and members have small units please pitch on a smalleer pitch, oksy I can reverse and do not need a mover, but when we did pitch, the hard standing was only just wide enough for the van + awning, the car had to be parked near reception.

A little unfair on us that have TA's.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Richard, glad you had a nice weekend and hope it wasn't not too showery ! We are just back from Crail in Fife, also had nice weekend, but a wee bit wet.

Regarding your point, I would hate to deliberately cause someone else hassle or bother, but to be honest, I'm looking for the best pitch that suits my family's needs when it's " pick a pitch " time. Which usually involves, nearest the playarea and an end pitch if poss, for the extra space.

I hope this doesn't sound arguementative, but I aint really thinking about whether it's a big pitch and there may be a twin axle along behind me. Sorry mate, just being honest.

Cheers,

Alex.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Unless pitches are pre-allocated, it's first come first served.

As a small-medium caravan owner I have no way of knowing how many leviathans will follow me onto the site.

Unfair or not, that's life Richard.

May 18, 2008
Visit site
hi all

can see all points of view as nobody goes away to chill out

and worry who else is there, but surelythe site are at fault

if they took a booking for a TA and then didnt make any provision for it,i also have a TA and did as richard then

ended up calling other sites as pitches that were left were

too short and would have been sticking into the road with the Aframe but i would not start to blame others on the site, but site owners and their planning yes !

cheers

rodders

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
we were booked in at ramslade over then may break. i booked it with the wardens and told them twin axel 26ft van. when we got there two pitches left that werent big enough for our van. the road around the site was so narrow i dont know how they allow twin axels on site. we ended up at looe cc site because i didnt know where else to go and it was 2.30pm. also i didnt have my cc book with me.

got to the looe site and the pitch was about 5ft to short so we had to move the post back.

jo

jo-anne

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Don't want to be controversial but if we all pay the same it should be first come first served. I wouldn't choose an inferior pitch on the off chance that a bigger outfit may turn up. Chances are the next micro-unit would take the pitch anyway.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
When we start paying by the foot or yard for our pitches, I MAY consider going on a smaller pitch, until then its first come, first served.

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

Points are taken, I would think the final thing is up to the site, having specified a TA on the booking form, we do not expect a 19ft pitch, most are around the 26ft mark.

May be the sites themselves should sort these points out, after all why have the larger pitches unless they are for the larger rigs.

We were on a site near Painghton laast year, a motor home came on the site, almost 1.5 times bigger than me, very big! there was no way he would have fitted on a normal pitch, and yes that pitch was reserved for him......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts