Pitching changed and never even noticed.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
One week only leaves time for last minute bookers to take over the pitch, no help for those planning/booking an annual holiday.
Whether a month or a week it would not make any difference to those planning annual holiday. Also if a deposit scheme is introduced and you are limited to 3 bookings per annum, it may keep away those that like to book up every weekend for the year and then cancel at the last minute.
Perhaps if they lost the deposit after two cancellations, they would think twice about it. The C&CC plus many commercial sites seem to have managed with deposits for many years.

Reactions: Thingy
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The cancelation period for the deposit to be returned should not be more than two weeks and I would personally go for a week.
The C&CC has many members up in arms over their 30 day cancelation requirement which is far too long.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The cancelation period for the deposit to be returned should not be more than two weeks and I would personally go for a week.
The C&CC has many members up in arms over their 30 day cancelation requirement which is far too long.
What other holiday provider only gives one weeks notice. That’s not far removed from the present system less deposit. It doesn’t really give time for late bookers to take up they availability.

Reactions: RogerL and Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What other holiday provider only gives one weeks notice. That’s not far removed from the present system less deposit. It doesn’t really give time for late bookers to take up they availability.
Agreed as it will not stop those cancelling at the last minute and the pitches then being filled by others. Many commercial sites will allow you to move your deposit to another date provided you give them sufficient notice as happened with us this year. We had no issue changing the date because we gave them about 3 months notice.

Reactions: otherclive
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Ditto, long been a fustration to me. Every Fri and Sat booked a year in advance, with site almost empty Sunday to Thursday. I really am beginning to feel as if I no longer want to be a member. The courtesy has gone, the friendliness, the chat and the banter. Damned hard pressed to get a good morning from some of them, if they can be bothered to look in your direction.
Hi,
Being retired this is not such a problem for us.We tend to avoid busy periods (weekends,school holidays.etc.).Sunday to Friday suits us fine.
Thinking of not renewing membership for different reasons(too expensive,boring sites) - you can stay at equally good commercial sites with much more fsciities for the same price and sometimes cheaper.

Reactions: Brasso530 and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts