Pitching your Caravan..

May 9, 2005
Visit site
I know I have read about this subject somewhere in this forum but could'nt find it!. Well, Im taking my caravan on our seasonal pitch next week, and wondered about levelling it precisely, any hints ,tips, as how to do it correctly. The pitch we have is slightly unlevel, higher at the rear,but not by much thankgod!.

May 18, 2006
Visit site
When you reverse the van onto the plot level it side to side with blocks/chocks/leveling devices under the wheels before you unhitch it from the car (spirit level required to see when the van is level).

Once the van is off the car it can be leveled front to back using the jockey wheel - again with a spirit level.

Put all corner steadies down and chock wheels and you are set up for the stay.

HTH.

Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
There's an article on arriving at a caravan park and pitching on Caravan Sitefinder

www.caravan-sitefinder.co.uk/features/touring/arrival-on-site.php

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
You need the chocks and bits of wood, but one of these is what you need - http://www.towsure.com/product.asp?p=895

Level the van up on a flat driveway using a builders spirit level and then fix the above in a convenient place. Inside front window works for us. You will not lose it or have to find a home for it each trip.

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi Julie, you may consider not leveling quite so well, when pitching. You will know that your fridge needs to be sat reasonably level to work efficiently, but there is something else to consider. If your caravan has a shower and you plan to use it, how about leveling it so that there is a slight incline to the drain area in the shower tray? The same goes for the sink.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts