Places To Stay In Northern France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am considering taking my caravan to France next year via either Cherbourg, St.Malo or Roscoff. Can anybody advise of good site to stay at with my family. I have three daughters who seek a mixture of beach, swimming, dancing and chillin (not necessarily in that order!!). I will be towing a 26'twin axle van and would like advise on what to expect loading on & off of ferries and driving in France. Ideal campsite would be within a couple of hours drive from port, any advice more than welcome.

Merci

Neil

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How about Chateau des Ormes near Dol de Bretagne. Its about 25 miles from St Malo. The site has plenty for the family including a night club! There is also plenty to do and see in the area, including St Malo, Dinard, Dinan, Mont St Michel, Combourg, etc, etc.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
I have just returned from Brittany (via Roscoff/ Plymouth) can recommend www.campingsbretagnesud.com 3 sites we went to Manoir Le Kerlut. 75 miles drive from Roscoff nice area with plenty to see

Went to Normandy this June & had no problems with a twin axle Lunar. Stayed at Chateau de Martragny outside Bayeaux. Great site, large pitches &in centre of all D Day museums etc. Would reccommend Les Castels sites.

Going back next August to Chateaules Eaux at Granville.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts