Places to work on a caravan

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all -

I'm looking to restore my first vintage caravan and alas don't really have the room where I live. I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem and knows of some common workarounds. The only options in my head were to:

a) Use a caravan storage facility, but that wouldn't really allow me to do any serious restoration work, and security would be an issue if I had to leave it without a wall, door etc.
b) Hire a shed etc, but the only places I can find are way too expensive as they are commercial properties, or they are garage bays for cars, so are too low.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions, even specific places they know of? (I'm in the Taunton/Wellington area.)

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I rent a farm steading building for my business, cheap compared to commercial properties and farmers are usually pretty easy going as regards hours/noise etc.
Might be worth a thought?

Shug

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi dilby,
with 74 views and only one reply, it seems like you are on to a loser, :( I suppose one could state the obvious and say why buy a old van and contemplate such a project if you have no place to do it, I have done a couple of restorations and while the end result is very rewarding nothing prepares you for the for the time and effort needed to complete such a project, all I could suggest is keep looking for a workshop area under cover as the weather will determine how many hours one can work outside, also make sure it cheap to rent, these things take a long long time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts